We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Topless sunbathing

Which Santa Cruz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Milford, CT
Level Contributor
348 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Topless sunbathing

Hi all did a search and came up with nothing so I turn to you all. Is topless sunbathing allowed on the beach @ the Riu?

1. Re: Topless sunbathing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 February 2010, 10:35
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Topless sunbathing

Another unhappy post by Zara - I don't know what your beef is about Framptonian - he is a valuable and knowledgeable contributor to Trip Advisor Costa Rica. I don't know why you say he is from "nowhere" since his profile states that he lives in Samara. Nowhere is just what he puts on his posts.

I'm not sure what you mean about misfits, Zara, but that is good advice to check things out further after reading here.

Ed - I really don't think topless sunbathing for women is allowed at RIU since it is a family place - but if done discreetly, perhaps.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
13,921 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Topless sunbathing

I have Frommer's and Lonely Planet's 2009 editions. Topless and or nude sunbathing are not given a listing in either index.

However , in a box enclosed text entitled Gay Guide to Manuel Antonio, it mentions a particular beach where it says "nude sunbathing and skinny dipping are tolerated. Although there are a few women here , who come to sunbathe topless in relative safety and comfort, La Playita is a playful pick-up scene for gay men on the prowl"

the words "tolerated" and "relative safety and comfort" are your indicators here....probably not pervasive in Costa Rica.

Tamarindo
Level Contributor
190 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Topless sunbathing

Well this discussion is off to a good start. Ed, like HattieCR said, it probably isn't allowed at RIU. Its really all about going to some of the more private beaches like Sugar Beach, the far side of Playa Grande (just two that came to mind) to have your privacy.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
13,921 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Topless sunbathing

FYI - The quote I gave is from Lonely Planet.

New Milford, CT
Level Contributor
348 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Topless sunbathing

Thanks folks, we are only looking for topless on the beach. We have been to Riu's in Jamaica and topless is everywhere, beach, pool yuo name it. We prefer discrete on the beach

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Topless sunbathing

Costa Rica is not like Jamiaca as far as nude sunbathing or even topless.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
45,803 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Topless sunbathing

Good point mrolfes...

roadadvisor

9. Re: Topless sunbathing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2010, 03:15
Get answers to your questions about Santa Cruz
Recent Conversations