We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Airlines Check-in at Liberia??

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
383 posts
18 reviews
American Airlines Check-in at Liberia??

Hi Gang -

Hoping someone might remember if there is a separate check-in line at American Airlines for First Class? We have been through the check-in process so many times at AA in Liberia, but always as economy fliers and know how long the lines can get. I was just curious if there was a separate line for first since we lucked out with points this time around and are flying first. Trying to time out our pick-up in time in Tam, so we have plenty of time but are not hanging too long at the airport.

Thanks for any feedback!

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
183 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: American Airlines Check-in at Liberia??

Yes there is a 1st class line, but keep in mind that this is Costa Rica and things are not always efficient (lol). To be safe, we recommend leaving Tamarindo 3 hours before flight departure time, no matter what class you fly. I have made it flying first class and leaving only 2 hours before flight time. I also almost missed a flight because of some ladies protesting something and had the road shut down for 3 hours. Also, cows, downed trees, slow trucks, tractors, etc...can all make for an interesting ride. Last week, a funeral procession carrying the casket down the highway (fairly common) delayed us for about 40 minutes.

Pura Vida

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
383 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: American Airlines Check-in at Liberia??

:o) Thanks so much! We have been through LIR many times, so I can fully appreciate all you discuss above the and things that can go off of plan. It is part of the fun of CR right. Our plan was 3 hours from Tamarindo so sounds like that will work.

Have a great day!

3. Re: American Airlines Check-in at Liberia??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2017, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Tamarindo