We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking tours Tamarindo

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
147 reviews
Booking tours Tamarindo

5 if us including 2 girls (11,9); Visiting Tamarindo in January and wondering if we should prebook trips or wait until we arrive? Thinking Diamanté, Mangrove boat tour, turtle nesting and bird watching...???

10 replies to this topic
Edmonton Canada
Level Contributor
949 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: Booking tours Tamarindo

You can wait until you arrive, or the week before, for day excursions.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
147 reviews
2. Re: Booking tours Tamarindo

Wondering if selection/price better on site in Tamarindo?

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,568 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Booking tours Tamarindo

Pricing should be the same whether booking in advance or when you arrive.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
9,710 posts
70 reviews
4. Re: Booking tours Tamarindo

Are you doing plan your own trip or flying on a pkg from a Canadian based tour operator? The reason I am asking is that while I would advise to research, but wait to pay till you get there, the only thing I would check out is the in-flight Sunwing prices. I have been told they are now selling tours on the plane to the destinations they offer, and since they are priced in CAD, it ends up being a better value than paying in US at the destinations like CR. (https:/…liberia) So if going on a pkged vacation with AirTransat, AC, WestJet, etc, check out their options, then compare with the prices elsewhere. If you are planning your own vacation, do not book/pay till at the destination. See how the weather is, what other options you discover once you are there.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
771 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Booking tours Tamarindo

In January there's no need to pre-book anything. Do a little research online before you get here so you have an idea of what you want to do with all of the choices. A little tip - if you pay cash you'll probably get discount as the CC fees here are high.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
147 reviews
6. Re: Booking tours Tamarindo

Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
51,505 posts
100 reviews
7. Re: Booking tours Tamarindo

Wait until you are here and do not pay anything in advacne...once tour operators have your money...it will be impossible to get a penny back

roadadvisro

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
8. Re: Booking tours Tamarindo

Talk to local ( bars, restaurants, reception). Sometimes I've got price much better then on the websites.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
51,505 posts
100 reviews
9. Re: Booking tours Tamarindo

You see and once you are here can be even better...

roadadvisor

10. Re: Booking tours Tamarindo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2018, 12:41

Reply to: Booking tours Tamarindo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tamarindo