We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transportation

johnston.RI
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Airport Transportation

Any recommendations for transportation from Liberia International to Jardin del Eden in Tamarindo. Will I need to rent a car once at the hotel and how is driving in Costa Rica?

10 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,166 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Airport Transportation

Driving is fine in CR. We always rent a car. If you are into exploring then a car is the way to go.

There are more choices in car agencies at LIR than at Tamarindo. Though some will deliver a car to your hotel .

Transport from LIR to Tamarindo can be by bus, or shared shuttle, or taxi... at a cost.

Talk with Jardin del Eden about getting to their place and about car rental once there.

Edited: 26 September 2018, 17:01
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
52,432 posts
119 reviews
2. Re: Airport Transportation

Driving is OK and great...many taxis can help you in LIR to take you to Jardin del Eden...you can try to contact PAcific Tours...they offer private transfers.

Once in Tamarindo you can rent a car.

roadadvisor

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
70 reviews
3. Re: Airport Transportation

http://xplorecostarica.com/shared.html is one of the companies offering shared and provate transfers to Tamarindo. Which option makes sense depends in your preference and the # of ppl in your party. For 1-2 ppl, a shared shuttle option might make sense, for 3+ ppl, you might want to pay per car, not per person, so possibly hire a private transfer, if not driving.

Liberia airport shuttles - https:/…Liberia_Airport_Shuttle.html .

The FAQs section of your hotel (https:/…) says to contact them if you need help arranging transportation. Won't hurt to get their current quote/suggestions.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
770 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Airport Transportation

The roads are pretty good now; paved to most major destinations. Some of the back roads can still be bad with potholes. Driving here is *interesting*.... Keep your eyes open and be vigilant of other drivers. Stop signs and double yellow lines are just a suggestion. :) We've used Adobe for years without problems. They will bring your car right to the hotel.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
52,432 posts
119 reviews
5. Re: Airport Transportation

Nice roads there...and we are almost at the end of the rainy season...just drive slow..

roadadvisor

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: Airport Transportation

Contact https://tamarindoshuttle.com/

One way ticket will cost you $20 per person. Usually I ask guys who is standing outside or airport who is going to Tamarindo. And they give me a ride for $20. Make sure it's a shuttle service - not the red taxi.

Playas del Coco...
Level Contributor
739 posts
16 reviews
7. Re: Airport Transportation

I recommend hiring transport from Liberia airport to the hotel the first day and then have Adobe rental car bring the rental car to your hotel the next morning.

I use a local named Jerry for transportation and other tours. His email is jerry.barrera@gmail.com and his website is www.CocoReggaeFoundation.com

Jerry is a Tico, born and raised in Guanacaste. He speaks English and is a good person that I recommend to my friends, family and other travelers.

I have used Adobe many times and have always been happy with their service.

Pura vida

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
70 reviews
8. Re: Airport Transportation

If the OP is still looking, the shuttle in Post 6 mostly accepts bookings of min 2 passengers together. Solo travelers have to pay double or triple (9 am 2 pm - double, all other arrivals times - triple).

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
52,432 posts
119 reviews
9. Re: Airport Transportation

Just shop around ...some people just like to support friends shuttle comapnies...do not worry...you will find a great deal...at least one that will make you happy!!

roadadvisor

Province of...
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
10. Re: Airport Transportation

I will recommend you to use Happy Trips Costa Rica ( FB as happytripscr ) for a official tourism private transportation service from Liberia Airport to Jardin del Eden Hotel. It will last about one hour and fifteen minutes drive. It will cost you in a private service about $70 one way.

Renting a Car is another good option. Adobe is pretty good, but National Rent a Car too.

Reply to: Airport Transportation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tamarindo