We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guachipelin Combo Tour / Buena Vista Mega Combo Tour/ other

Nova Scotia CANADA
Level Contributor
191 posts
41 reviews
Guachipelin Combo Tour / Buena Vista Mega Combo Tour/ other

Hi all, maybe someone from the Xplore Co. and comment on some of these questions

Is the Ziplining that is done on the Guachipelin Combo Tour only across a caynon and not through the jungle?

My friends and I are arriving the week of April 17th, am I right in assuming that because this is the end of the Dry Season there may not be enough water to tube down the river with this tour?

Also is this the slower season and therefore may not be as many people enjoying the tours?

With regards to to the Buena Vista Mega Combo Tour how many ziplines are included?

My last question is not specifically directed at Xplore but to anyone living in the area

The estuary next ot Barcelo Langosta, I've seen pictures of people swimming and recommending swimming there but is there not crocodiles that live there?? (I've seen warnings about the Playa Grande/Tamarindo estuary and crocodiles and it's got me wondering) Nobody mentions sharks either, are they a concern. I know they like to hang about outflows.

Any information you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
52,390 posts
119 reviews
1. Re: Guachipelin Combo Tour / Buena Vista Mega Combo Tour/ other

As far as I know...I have never heard about a croc or shark attack in that area!

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

roadadvisor

2. Re: Guachipelin Combo Tour / Buena Vista Mega Combo Tour/ other

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2010, 10:07
cheyenne
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
91 reviews
3. Re: Guachipelin Combo Tour / Buena Vista Mega Combo Tour/ other

What about the Palo Verde river trip? Will there be enough water in that river in late March, early April? Sorry if that is a silly question, I don't know how deep/wide that river is, maybe it doesn't dry up?

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
770 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Guachipelin Combo Tour / Buena Vista Mega Combo Tour/ other

Kellie,

The zip lines in both Buena Vista & Guachipelin are in the jungle. They both have beautiful scenery. In the middle of the Guachipeln zip lines you have an optional portion that you can also rappel, tarzan swing, and rock climb.

The Rio Negro is run-able all year long. The last time I did the tubing was in May and there was plenty of water.

After Easter things certainly slow down with tourism so there will not likely be as many tourists in the park.

Both BV and Guachipelin have about 11 platforms. There's not a whole lot of difference except for that rappel/swing/climb portion at Guachipelin. The biggest difference between the 2 tours are the tubing at Guachipelin versus the water slide at BV.

There are 2 estuaries in the area; one alongside the Barcelo that does not have crocodiles; although there are small caimans. On the other side of Tamarindo another estuary separates Tamarindo from Playa Grande, that one does have crocodiles but they seldom reach the rivermouth. They prefer to stay up river in the mud flats.

As far as sharks go. I've never heard of a shark attack in the Tamarindo area. At low tide you can cross over the Tamarindo estuary to get to Playa Grande. Alternatively there is a water taxi for a couple of dollars.

Hoping that helps :)

Oh, and for the Palo Verde inquiry, the Tempisque River is a major river that never goes dry but levels may certainly be lower in April. The timing of the river tour may be adjusted to coincide with mid to high tide so ask your tour operator to check for the best time to be getting there. It really is a fabulous tour with lots of wildlife.

Nova Scotia CANADA
Level Contributor
191 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: Guachipelin Combo Tour / Buena Vista Mega Combo Tour/ other

Excellent replies, I have a small fear of sharks these days after an incident off the coastline of Florida, but it's not enough to keep me out of the water, just to keep me on my toes, aware of my surroundings. Xplore, I'll discuss the two mega combo tours with my friends, I'm sure it will come down to the waterslide or tubing. We'll either look you up when we get there or contact you for reservations before.

Thanks to all from the east coast to the pacific coast!!

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
186 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Guachipelin Combo Tour / Buena Vista Mega Combo Tour/ other

Canopy tour in the canyon begins in the jungle, instead of do the tube part, you can do the hike to the waterfall, cuz for sure wont be too fun the tube since is very dry, you are right on that.

As a Natural wild life and forestal reserve the areas from Langosta (south) to Playa Grande are full of wild life, in both you may find crocs how ever there is plenty of food for them inside the river therefore, in about 12 years living in the area never heard of a croc attack. As local scuba instructor, I can tell you we need to travel 45 minutes away the bay of Tamarindo to find withe tip pacific reef sharks, who are more active during the night. No concerns about surfing or swimming in the bay.

Is good to ask when ever not sure, so you will feel more comfortable once in Paradise!

Nova Scotia CANADA
Level Contributor
191 posts
41 reviews
7. Re: Guachipelin Combo Tour / Buena Vista Mega Combo Tour/ other

SeafarinCr,

Thanks for your knowledge about the safety of the waters. I'm much more confident now about swiming in the area and will without a doubt have an excellent time in Paradise. Also thanks for the info on the alternative to the tubing at Guachipelin.

Cheers

Kellie

Lancaster County, PA
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
8. Re: Guachipelin Combo Tour / Buena Vista Mega Combo Tour/ other

We just returned from CR, after spending a week in Plays Del Coco. We did the Buena Vista Combo tour and had a blast. There are 10 zip lines on the tour, all over or through the jungle. I was a little concerned about it, since I am afraid of heights, but I never felt afraid or unsafe. Everyone was very professional and everything was well run. The water slide is actually a little scarier than the zip lining - it's really fast and the water is very cold - but we all loved it, including my 9 year old son. We also loveed the horseback riding and the mud pots and hot springs! I would recommend it!

Nova Scotia CANADA
Level Contributor
191 posts
41 reviews
9. Re: Guachipelin Combo Tour / Buena Vista Mega Combo Tour/ other

Thanks for the "thumbs up" review Softball Mom. I play fastball and orthodox myself. I saw a video on utube about the waterslide. It does look fun, I wish the walls were a little higher but I guess that would take the excitement away. 47 days and counting

Kellie

Lancaster County, PA
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
10. Re: Guachipelin Combo Tour / Buena Vista Mega Combo Tour/ other

Yes, there were times when you wondered if you were going to go over a wall, but no one did - and we ranged from 9 years old to 64, of varying heights and weights!

We are a softball and baseball family! My husband and son each play on 2 baseball teams, and my daughter plays on both the school and a travel softball teams. I played on and managed a women's team, but cannot play this year due to a problem with my throwing arm.

Get answers to your questions about Tamarindo