We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SJO to Tamarindo shuttle service for large group?

gbarker
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
SJO to Tamarindo shuttle service for large group?

Hi all,

I am looking for a shuttle service from SJO airport to Tamarindo for a large group (16 people). I received a quote of $43/person 1-way. Based on my past shuttle experiences in CR that seems expensive. Does anyone recommend an inexpensive shuttle service? Or one that would provide a better discount for a large group?

Thanks - Graham

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SJO to Tamarindo shuttle service for large group?

Doesn't seem like a bad rate for a 5-hour journey. Bear in mind fuel prices may have risen since your last visit! I'd recommend contacting Tucan Limo and Xplore to compare:

reservations@tucanlimoservices.com

info@xplorecostarica.com

Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: SJO to Tamarindo shuttle service for large group?

$688 seems expensive. I think you should be able to get a private transfer in a Coaster type bus for much less.

For our larger transport needs we use Yeffrey Rojas at MOP Adventures. You can contact him at MOP Adventures (yeffreyr@hotmail.com).

We have also used 3 Monkeys. You can contact them at http://www.3monkiescr.com/

Although we have never used ROAD ADVISOR and his services you could even contact him through this site.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: SJO to Tamarindo shuttle service for large group?

That is very expensive, you can just hire a private transfer on a coaster van for less

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,854 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SJO to Tamarindo shuttle service for large group?

The best is to dealt with a company that owns a vehicle for that many people...if you dealt with middle people that price is going to be higher...some Phantom Travel Agencies even show pictures of Toyota coasters bearing the logos of other companies...be sure you deal direct with owners-Operators...

Thank you Simon...Thank you Marina del Rey...for recommending my services!

roadadivsor

5. Re: SJO to Tamarindo shuttle service for large group?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2013, 05:17