We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Chair On Plane

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Chair On Plane

We are leaving for Barbados in a few days, and going for 10 weeks. We made the decision to bring our beach chairs and leave them with friends for next year. It cost 10 U.S. to rent a chair that you cannot move and it cost $20 to bring down the chairs. So in my opinion because we are on the beach everyday, it makes more sense to pay to bring them, even if we bring that back with us, we are still saving money. A bit of a pain but well worth it.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Beach Chair On Plane

You can also find detergent without perfumes if you look for it. In fact there are several large supermarkets in Alajuela where you could find it.

But I know what you mean about allergies.

Franklin
Level Contributor
5 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Beach Chair On Plane

Okay, we have hunted every store in Guanacaste area...no one has beach chairs!!! We are here for a month. Anyone know where we can get some?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,674 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Beach Chair On Plane

Try DO IT CENTER or around there...

roadadvisor

Franklin
Level Contributor
5 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Beach Chair On Plane

Ok, will try that. Thx

J M
New York
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Beach Chair On Plane

Were you able to find them there? Do they have umbrellas there as well?

We will be in Playa de Coco and Tamarindo next month and would like to get some beach chairs and umbrellas to throw in the car.

Franklin
Level Contributor
5 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Beach Chair On Plane

There were no low to ground kind of beach chairs anywhere. They had like camping sling back chairs, like you take to your kids soccer games, etc. we found some cheap chairs that the bottom material sits on ground . While we bought them, we ended up not using them but once. Just did not work well. We will bring our own next year. My neighbor was able to get an umbrella somewhere. We were not looking for one, but think I saw them at Do It Center in Liberia.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Beach Chair On Plane

I have a folding chair that I bought locally in the small town where I live in Costa Rica. It is canvas and comes in it's own carrying case with handle so you can sling it over your shoulder. It unfolds to a square seat with a back and when I sit in it, it's nowhere NEAR the ground.

Not sure where you were looking, really, but supermarkets are the best source of this kind of thing. They have them at the Do It Center but they will be significantly more expensive. They also have beach umbrellas.

18. Re: Beach Chair On Plane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 00:21