We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle.....

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Shuttle.....

Hi,

We wish to engage a shuttle to San Gerardo de Dota from Puerto Viejo - Sarapiqui.

Will someone help me with above query with contact detail such as email or similar to book?

By the way, what should be tariff per person and how long does it take to to reach San Gerardo?

9 replies to this topic
Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
7,375 posts
149 reviews
1. Re: Shuttle.....

I would contact your lodges in either San Gerardo or Puerto Viejo to see if they have any recommendations. It is likely you would have to hire a private driver as that's not a common route for shuttles.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,713 posts
35 reviews
2. Re: Shuttle.....

IMO the best you can do is back to SJO and then try to find a shuttle or similar to get to Dota…I do not think is a shuttle service from Sarapiqui to DOTA..

roadadvisor

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
9,396 posts
69 reviews
3. Re: Shuttle.....

Contact this co - they run shuttles from/to Puerto Viejo: http://www.pleasureridecr.com/contact-us . We used their shared service from SJO to S. Caribbean and liked them. See if they can take you to your destination.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Shuttle.....

Thanks guys for your invaluable advice and suggestions. Let me check with above possibilities.

RAFTING and KAYAKING
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
5. Re: Shuttle.....

Hello, yes the best is go bacck to San Jose and then from San Jose to Sarapiqui, or just book a private service

:)

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Shuttle.....

I am not sure if I will waste valuable time by travelling between two places. But I strongly feel the best option will be to hire a private shuttle.

By the way, does one know a best bird guide a vehicle at San Gerardo De Dota. You may PM me.

Thanks,

Bloomfield, New...
3 posts
7. Re: Shuttle.....

Shuttle or bus from San Jose airport to San Juan Del Sur? I get to San Jose at 10:00 p.m.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
9,396 posts
69 reviews
8. Re: Shuttle.....

You will need to spend the first night at a hotel closer to SJO, then go there. One option is to prepay Caribeshuttle-a shared van at 5 am, will pick you up from your hotel: https:/…schedules-daily-shuttles . $70, estimated travel time 7 hrs.

Edited: 23 January 2018, 21:06
Bloomfield, New...
3 posts
9. Re: Shuttle.....

You have been so helpful. Other than the border stop, does this shuttle take you directly there?

Reply to: Shuttle.....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted