We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Montezuma?

So. Cal.
Level Contributor
111 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Can anyone recommend a hotel in Montezuma?

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Montezuma? Can you also recommend places to snorkle, yoga & good restaurants?

Brighton, England
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone recommend a hotel in Montezuma?

Hi

I'm staying at the hotel Aurora. its 30usd for a basic twin room with bathroom and fan. Hot water is another 5 dollars, a/c another 10 dollars. we are in room 9 which is on the top floor, really lovely like having yr own apartment. it has two balconys with hammocks and ceiling fan for 35 usd per night, its great. we are leaving tomorrow and I will miss it! the owner is a german lady with great english. its in town but quite far away enough to be quiet as theres a noisy baron the beach. the village is small but has everything you need. we did a boat trip to Isla Tortuga which is idylic and has snorkeling. the sea and beaches near here are more for surfers and theres a strong rip but a beach half hour walk north is good. also thers a waterfall half hour walk south - v refreshing swimming there. theres a few yoga places around but don't know much about it. the best place to eat is Bakery Cafe (nr the bookshop) for breakfast and lunch and Angolo (opp Aurora) for fab pizza and pasta.

hope that helps

Laura

Brighton, England
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone recommend a hotel in Montezuma?

Hi

I'm staying at the hotel Aurora. its 30usd for a basic twin room with bathroom and fan. Hot water is another 5 dollars, a/c another 10 dollars. we are in room 9 which is on the top floor, really lovely like having yr own apartment. it has two balconys with hammocks and ceiling fan for 35 usd per night, its great. we are leaving tomorrow and I will miss it! the owner is a german lady with great english. its in town but quite far away enough to be quiet as theres a noisy baron the beach. the village is small but has everything you need. we did a boat trip to Isla Tortuga which is idylic and has snorkeling. the sea and beaches near here are more for surfers and theres a strong rip but a beach half hour walk north is good. also thers a waterfall half hour walk south - v refreshing swimming there. theres a few yoga places around but don't know much about it. the best place to eat is Bakery Cafe (nr the bookshop) for breakfast and lunch and Angolo (opp Aurora) for fab pizza and pasta.

hope that helps

Laura

Palo Alto...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone recommend a hotel in Montezuma?

Among the best accommodation options in Montezuma are: Ylang Ylang Beach Resort, Hotel El Jardin, Ivan’s House and El Sano Banano Hotel. I had the opportunity to stay there in my different business to Montezuma and all of then covered my spectactions.

Snorkeling and Transportation can be arranged with Zuma Tours, they are most reliable tour office in the area. You can also find reviews about Zuma Tours and the hotels mentioned before in this web site.

World class dinning at Playa de los Artistas and Ylang Ylang Restaurant. Movie and dinner at El Sano Banano, organic breakfasts at Organico, fare price dinners at Cocolores and some drinks at Chicos Bar.

Yoga at Hotel Los Mangos or at the Ylang Ylang Beach Resort.

Do not miss the walks along the beaches and the nike to the warterfall.

Seattle, Washington
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can anyone recommend a hotel in Montezuma?

I just got back a couple days ago from Costa Rica, and I stayed at Montezuma Gardens in Montezuma for almost a week. It's a fantastic deal, and they have an amazing butterfly garden there that you'll get a free tour of when you stay. It's a bit up the road from town, but extremely close to the three waterfalls that are great for swimming (for everyone from tourists to locals). The best part about Montezuma Gardens are the owners, who are two brothers from Oregon. They really take care of you and tell you about anything you need to know about. (There's also a girl living there and working in the butterfly gardens right now who is extremely helpful when it comes to finding fun things to do!). I really can't recommend Montezuma Gardens enough, and I'm already trying to find a way to come down and visit them again :)

Toronto
Level Contributor
307 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Can anyone recommend a hotel in Montezuma?

We stayed at El Jardin and liked it .. so central, but then again, nothing is reaaaalllly far away there. Also used Zuma Tours .. go to www.wedoitallcostarica.com for 20% off coupons

USA
Level Contributor
15 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can anyone recommend a hotel in Montezuma?

No Coupons at the site above, although there is NAV to a coupon page; they are all U.S. GOOGLE ads and broken RSS feed.

7. Re: Can anyone recommend a hotel in Montezuma?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Montezuma