We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Also mid 1990s question - domes on the beach

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
99 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Also mid 1990s question - domes on the beach

Anyone happen to know the name (and if it still exists) of this super cool spot on the beach that had Flinstones looking geodistic (I am sure that is spelled wrong) domes in the jungle with amazing looking animals just steps from the beach?

My memory is that we had to check the tides re when to bring our jeep with luggage across the sand, that the guy who owned it was super nice, that there was great coffee in room, and that we were very far from home (duh).

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

We were there in 1997, memories are foggy.

Thanks so much!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Also mid 1990s question - domes on the beach

You are walking about the Ylang Ylang Beach Resort. In the past known as El Sano Banano on the Beach.

Full review on TripAdvisor about the Ylang Ylang Beach Resort at:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g309278-d302669…

Full information, availability & rates on the Ylang Ylang Beach Resort at:

http://www.beachresort-montezuma.com

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
99 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Also mid 1990s question - domes on the beach

Thank you! I checked their web site and it sure has gotten fancier than when we were there, but indeed, this may be the place. We are plotting a potential return trip to CR and may just have to visit here to be sure it is the correct one ;-)

Have a great day.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Also mid 1990s question - domes on the beach

The Ylang is by far the best accommodation option in Montezuma area. At this very moment, due the low season, they installing Air Conditioning in the Beach front Bungalows and Beach Front Standard Rooms.

The transfer from the town to the beach is now done in a 2009 all terrain Land Rover.

For my personally they have the best restaurant in the area. The prices are a little bit high, but I think is not easy or cheap run a excellent restaurant in the middle of a beach were are no roads to access to.

4. Re: Also mid 1990s question - domes on the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 17:19
Get answers to your questions about Montezuma