We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ylang Ylang or elsewhere in Montezuma for 1 night

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
416 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Ylang Ylang or elsewhere in Montezuma for 1 night

Is it worth staying in Montezuma for 1 night before going to Mal Pais / Santa Teresa area? Ylang Ylang seems to get consistently good reviews...Or should I stick to 6 nights in Mal Pais?

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
416 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ylang Ylang or elsewhere in Montezuma for 1 night

(for honeymoon in January)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,616 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ylang Ylang or elsewhere in Montezuma for 1 night

Montezuma is one of my favorite places in Costa Rica! To really appreciate the town you need to spend at least two nights there. I stayed at Ylang Ylang's sister hotel, El Sano Banano, which is located in toen but we had access to the grounds and pool at Ylang Ylang and I can say it's really nice - located a 15 minute walk up the beach from town. Just be sure to bring a flashlight as it get really dark after the sun goes down at 6:30pm

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ylang Ylang or elsewhere in Montezuma for 1 night

You really need at least to nights at the Ylang Ylang Beach Resort in order to enjoying it. Since there is not road to the resort the logistics of getting there takes a little of time.

Two nights will be great!!

Ylang Ylang also have the best restaurant in the Montezuma area.

One single night in Montezuma I will go for Hotel El Jardin or El Sano Banano Village Hotel, these are the best two hotels in town.

Happy travels!!!

4. Re: Ylang Ylang or elsewhere in Montezuma for 1 night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Montezuma
Recent Conversations