We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tracopa Bus Terminal

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
47 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Tracopa Bus Terminal

What area of San Jose is the Tracopa bus terminal in? Can anyone suggest any motels or hotels in the area(we are on a budget, and can afford safety and cleanliness but that's about it)? Also, how much of a cab fare would it be to get to the Tracopa bus terminal from SJO? or... Are there any city busses that go from SJO to the Tracopa bus terminal? Any help would be much appreciated!! Thank you!

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tracopa Bus Terminal

When we took an official airport taxi from SJO to Tracopa it was just under the colones equiv of $30.

There is no one bus that will get you from the,airport to Tracopa. You can take one of the Alajuela San Jose buses into town. You can catch it right in front of the airport area. Someone reported on the forum that once in town, you can get the Sabana Cemetario bus to Tracopa.

Tracopa is in the southern part of the city -to the east - Plaza Viquez.

raquel

Level Contributor
47 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tracopa Bus Terminal

Plaza Viquez is a hotel?

Level Contributor
47 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tracopa Bus Terminal

Would it be safe to assume if we stayed downtown San Jose we would be relatively close to the Tracopa terminal?

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tracopa Bus Terminal

No Plaza Viquez isn't a hotel. It is a square. It is the landmark they give when talking about Tracopa. It is on Calle 5 and Avenida 20. Sorry I don't know if there are any hotels really close - walking distance. But as you say - pretty well anywhere in San Jose wouldn't be that far. But the traffic can get really bad at certain times in San Jose.

raquel

Level Contributor
47 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tracopa Bus Terminal

Great! Thank you!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,099 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tracopa Bus Terminal

Maybe a hotel like Presidente...not more than 10 minutes by taxi to Tracopa...

Tracopa Tel: (506) 221-4214 Email: info@tracopacr.com

roadadvisor

Level Contributor
47 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tracopa Bus Terminal

So I've google mapped Tracopa and it is showing the bus terminal as being what looks to be like an incredibly long distance from San Jose city center in an area called San Isidro de El General. I've done this on a couple of maps and it is showing the same thing! South of Cartago. If that's where we need to be then so be it, but wow! It looks like it would take a couple hours to get there from SJO. We've been to Costa Rica once before and flew into SJO so we have some frame of reference. In this area I see Hotel del Valle, Hotel Chirripo, Hotel Diamanté Real and Hotel Iguazu. Am I looking in the right place? I find San Jose and the outlying areas to be immensely confusing! Last year when we were there, we ended up in a hotel like 45 minutes away from where we needed to be so we had to double back and spent a fortune in cab fares!

Level Contributor
47 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tracopa Bus Terminal

So I've google mapped Tracopa and it is showing the bus terminal as being what looks to be like an incredibly long distance from San Jose city center in an area called San Isidro de El General. I've done this on a couple of maps and it is showing the same thing! South of Cartago. If that's where we need to be then so be it, but wow! It looks like it would take a couple hours to get there from SJO. We've been to Costa Rica once before and flew into SJO so we have some frame of reference. In this area I see Hotel del Valle, Hotel Chirripo, Hotel Diamanté Real and Hotel Iguazu. Am I looking in the right place? I find San Jose and the outlying areas to be immensely confusing! Last year when we were there, we ended up in a hotel like 45 minutes away from where we needed to be so we had to double back and spent a fortune in cab fares!

Canada
Level Contributor
3,877 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tracopa Bus Terminal

Very much the wrong place. Just check the hotel reviews for San Jose and find one that you like and is within your budget and take a cab to the terminal.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,099 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tracopa Bus Terminal

You are looking at TRACOPA terminal but in San Isidro del General...about 3.5 hours by bus from San Jose!

TRACOPA bus station in SAN JOSE is as I mentioned in my prior answer...no more than 10 minutes by car from San Jose Central Avenue!

roadadvisor