We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tahiti airfare

Which Moorea hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Topic
tahiti airfare

When is the low season for tahiti? Do you think airfares will go down at all?

Washington
Destination Expert
for Papeete, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
2,275 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tahiti airfare

Do I think the airfares will go down. NO

except for some more DUMB offers for SHORT stay vacations. The folks at ATN have there heads about a meter into the black sand.

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tahiti airfare

I doubt it. All they seem to be doing is having fare sales for 5 day stays. They had one for a 10 day stay...so you could pray for one of those. But honestly, all it seems like they are really doing is cutting back on the number of flights, so they can keep the fares artifically high.

Low season is Nov to May. You best chance at "maybe" hitting a fare sale would be for the months of Jan/Feb/March. But if ATN's recent history is indicative of the future, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a fare sale.

San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tahiti airfare

I'm blessed : )

Atascadero, Ca
Level Contributor
190 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tahiti airfare

I just noticed this week that Air Tahiti Nui airline is offering $399 each way for Nov/Dec, book by Aug 31. Not sure when you want to go, but $800 round trip is a pretty good deal from LAX. Check Travelzoo.com too.

Pittsfield...
Level Contributor
205 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tahiti airfare

My understanding is that it was for the first 100 customers and a max stay of 5 days. after the first 100 it went up $50USD each way, but you still had the time restriction.

Atascadero, Ca
Level Contributor
190 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tahiti airfare

You might be right. I did not look at all the fine print since I personally can't go right now. But I did notice the 100 customers. I also could only find it through travelzoo.com or Travelscene.com. Good luck.

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
3,726 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tahiti airfare

I don't know what ATN is thinking, with these promotions with a maximum stay of 4 or 5 days for American tourists -- why this limitation? Very poor marketing, in my opinion...

Nov-May is normally low season, with the exception of mid-December to early January, when the high season rates are in effect over the holidays.

los angeles
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: tahiti airfare

Hi Boorea

Air Tahiti Nui has an airfare sale right now for Jan-June, 2010 - save about 35% plus, stay up to 10 days.

Its a great offer - check out the ATN web site for some outsanding packages.

California
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: tahiti airfare

Yes, I saw the deal for next year. Actually the kids fly free plan is even less expensive but that is not extended into next year. Not sure if ATN will offer anything for kids?

Thanks

10. Re: tahiti airfare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 18:05