We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in May - 2 Questions

Which Moorea hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Clarendon Hills...
6 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in May - 2 Questions

Hello, we are going our honeymoon in May and we are so excited! We are doing 5 nights at the Hilton in Moorea and 4 night at the Hilton in Bora Bora and I had 2 questions.

We have gold status with our Hilton rewards and included in the gold status is a free room upgrade if available. Does anyone have experience in getting room upgrades in FP with their gold status? We have a garden bungalow and are hoping to get upgraded to OWB.

In doing our research, we saw that there is some really good hiking in Tahiti, especially one trail that leads to a waterfall and naturally made water slides. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and have more information on it?

Thanks

San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in May - 2 Questions

The Moorea Hilton if I recall has standard garden, premium garden, beach front, standard OWB, lagoon view OWB? & premium OWB at the ends. I'm sure another DE will have pin pointed details so be patient.

Moorea only has one real good waterfall that is accessible

I think you are taking about the island of Tahiti, right?

Edited: 13 April 2012, 18:28
Clarendon Hills...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in May - 2 Questions

Yep right now we have reservations for a premium garden bungalow and are hoping for an upgrade to OWB with our gold status.

And I was referring to Tahiti, here's the only information I have about it.

krolltravel.com/stories/tahiti-hiking-fautau…

I was hoping someone else had more information because the email address at the end doesn't work.

Edited: 13 April 2012, 18:36
San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in May - 2 Questions

Most of the accessible waterfalls are up the Papenoo Valley, several vendors to pick from for this area.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,110 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in May - 2 Questions

We are gold and paid for over water and were upgraded to a premium over water, or so they told us. Remember that you will get free breakfast as gold which is nice as the continental breakfast is about $30 each on Moorea.

San Pedro Garza...
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in May - 2 Questions

hike to Mt. Rotui. You will remember this for the rest of your life.

Trial starts 500 feet from hilton Moorea. If You want more info let me know

6. Re: Honeymoon in May - 2 Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 15:16