We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

February weather

Level Contributor
32 posts
17 reviews
February weather

Hi all,

We're visiting rarotonga for 10 days from 6th Feb and I've seen the weather has been quite bad recently and starting to get really anxious our honeymoon will be a complete washout!! Does the weather normally start to calm down and the rain ease off by February? Or if there is rain us it like the Caribbean with an isolated shower? Thanks all!

23 replies to this topic
Dunedin, New Zealand
3 posts
21. Re: February weather

Pretty amazing day today though! We are still happy with our holiday. Staying at the blue starfish villa, def stay here again!

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
6,495 posts
295 reviews
22. Re: February weather

Hi emzle

I'm truly sorry that your honeymoon has been a washout. A terrible disappointment for you both.

I'm disappointed that you found the facilities dirty. The Rarotongan complex is, of course, very old now and is in great need of refurbishment. I won't tell you how many years ago I stayed there!

Despite knowing the drawbacks of the Sanctuary when you told us that's where you were staying, I had hoped that the beautiful beach would make up for it. But obviously with that awful weather you weren't able to enjoy that.

I have to admit that Raro is a place that needs good weather to be able to enjoy what it has to offer. We've usually been pretty lucky over the years. But last October/November we had the worst weather we've ever had (nothing as bad as you've had btw). It definitely reduced our enjoyment of the trip even though we were in a spacious, well equipped house in its own garden. So I really feel disappointed for you.

Once you're settled back home again, I do hope you will take the time to do some reviews. Be absolutely honest about the shortcomings of the facilities as it will be so helpful to others who are thinking of staying there.

I hope that, nevertheless, you will have at least a few good memories of your honeymoon on Raro.

Dunedin, New Zealand
3 posts
23. Re: February weather

The house we are staying at is just down the road frim the rarotongan, we took a walk there today it was like a ghost town and very much in need of some money being spent on it!

Reply to: February weather
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted