We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heavy suitcase and access from road to Muri Shores?

Ottawa, Canada
3 posts
Heavy suitcase and access from road to Muri Shores?

We will be staying at Muri Shores soon, will I be able to drag my very large heavy suitcase from wherever the shuttle drops us off down to our bungalow? On google maps it looks like its far from the road, and I am concerned the path may be too rough to wheel my suitcase down. We are only staying 5 days but I am bringing a lot with me for our next stop in NZ. Wondering if maybe I should store my suitcase near the airport and just have a small bag for the five days at Muri Shores?

8 replies to this topic
nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
6,539 posts
304 reviews
1. Re: Heavy suitcase and access from road to Muri Shores?

Hi Heidi

Most shuttles that I know of actually drop you at the front door of where you are staying. Is this not the case with the one you have booked - it seems very strange to me.

If they don't drop you at your door, then maybe you should think of a taxi. But I'd double check about your shuttle and also with your accommodation.

Ottawa, Canada
3 posts
2. Re: Heavy suitcase and access from road to Muri Shores?

Thanks for the reply nzlilibet. Our place is on the beach and it looks on google maps like its not on a road. Does anyone know if there is a path? Or does anyone have reccommendations for where to store a suitcase at the airport for 5 days at a 6 AM arrival??

Costa Mesa...
Level Contributor
61 posts
3. Re: Heavy suitcase and access from road to Muri Shores?

Your accommodation is not on the main road but there are tons of little roads that go off the main road to the various accommodations. Looks like there is one of those little roads on that property to me from the overhead view and you are in a busy area middle of Muri just next to Sails. Like she said, you should be fine.

Ottawa, Canada
3 posts
4. Re: Heavy suitcase and access from road to Muri Shores?

thank you for your reply!

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
18,394 posts
130 reviews
5. Re: Heavy suitcase and access from road to Muri Shores?

Muri Shores has its own road entrance. It's right in front of the Muri night markets and the entrance is wide enough and clear to the villas. I can see that some of the stall holderss are using this entrance to bring their vehicles and equipment in at present. There is ample room at the villas for a shuttle/vehicle to turn around. Your accommodator possibly uses a contracted shuttle service anyway, so the driver will know the ropes for sure.

The villas are right next to Sails restaurant, but there is a 3 metre concrete wall built next to Sails deck to reduce noise and provide privacy.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
18,394 posts
130 reviews
6. Re: Heavy suitcase and access from road to Muri Shores?

If you prefer not to take all of your luggage to the villas, ask your hosts about luggage storage with them. They own several properties and business so I'm sure they can sort something out by way of secure storage.

Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: Heavy suitcase and access from road to Muri Shores?

Nice choice staying at Muri Shores!

Your shuttle should drop you at the villas, but if it doesn't, the driveway is not bad or that long. There can be quite a few puddles if its been raining, but you should still manage a suitcase no problems.

The driveway is also used but the night market stall holders.

Make sure you keep an eye out for the big Crab who lives in the stream that goes under the driveway, hes awesome and if you love cheesecake, check out the cheesecake lady at the night markets!

We have stayed at Muri Shores twice and are heading back in a couple of months, I can't wait

Have Fun

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
8. Re: Heavy suitcase and access from road to Muri Shores?

Hi, I dont know muri shores but theres a ring road real close to the beach and looks like your villas are just on the other side of it so you should be fine. Enjoy your stay.

Reply to: Heavy suitcase and access from road to Muri Shores?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted