We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charter fishing in Ketchikan

Which Ketchikan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
2 posts
Save Topic
Charter fishing in Ketchikan

We are going to Ketchikan this summer and are looking at a guided fishing charter with Action Charters/Ralph Cianflone. Does anyone have any experience with him?

Thanks

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charter fishing in Ketchikan

I know Ralph and his wife Lorelei and they are longtime residents with tons of experience on the water. You will have a terrific day.

Houston
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Charter fishing in Ketchikan

Great - thank you so much! We are very excited about the trip and are really looking forward to the fishing.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charter fishing in Ketchikan

I would definitely pick AAA Sport Fishing! Capt Jerry will make sure you catch fish. My daughter and I just returned and he will spend the gas to get you to where the fish are biting. We caught king, pink and sliver. His boat is right there at the port and you dont need yo tske a bus if you are on a cruise ship. It made our trip to ak. Plus he is such a great guy! Amazing trip! I highly recommend him!

4. Re: Charter fishing in Ketchikan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 August 2013, 01:39
Edited: 28 August 2013, 01:39
5. Re: Charter fishing in Ketchikan

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 August 2013, 21:20
Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
4,961 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Charter fishing in Ketchikan

Nathan; I don't know Ralph, or Ketchikan...but I do know fishing, and have probably been on 100 charters by now, between AK and Mexico.

First....it IS fishing, simple as that. On a charter, you are certainly paying for knowledge and guidence, as well as a safe boat and hopefully a reasonably good attitude (or so I hope). Heck, I'd LIKE to catch fish every time I head out, and on a charter I usually do...but not always. I've been on the boat flying the skunk flag my share of times, and it's a bummer for sure. But everytime I get back into port after a successful day on the water I see other boats that got shut out... it happens, sounds like this time it was just your turn.

From what you've said here it sounds like your cappy did his best for you....and thats all you can really expect from a charter.

I'd suggest if you can't deal with the occasional goose egg you stick with the sure thing next time...the supermarket.

Edited: 28 August 2013, 07:30
7. Re: Charter fishing in Ketchikan

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 01:21
Get answers to your questions about Ketchikan