We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay while husband fishes

Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
219 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Place to stay while husband fishes

We are looking to spend 2 nights in Soldotna. On out full day my husband would like to go fishing for probably 1/2 day. Can you recommend a place to stay that is either close to shops/ dining to walk or a place that would be very relaxing for me to just spend the day at.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
32,712 posts
6,408 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay while husband fishes

Soldotnna Bed and Breakfast lodge

alaskafishinglodges.us/index_tripadvisor.htm

They can arrange for a dog sled excursion while your husband fishes,

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
44,890 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay while husband fishes

Will you have a car?

Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
219 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to stay while husband fishes

We are going to rent a car, but I assumed my husband would need it to meet the fishing guide.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
487 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to stay while husband fishes

Did you check with the guide?

Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
219 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to stay while husband fishes

No not yet. I guess I just assumed he would have to drive to the guide. Any recommendations if that is the case?

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
44,890 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Place to stay while husband fishes

I would take the hubby to his fishing guide and then go explore the area! Any particular interests?

Not sure what you may be interested in - here is a great little book store with a very good cafe right in Soldotna: http://rivercitybooksak.com/

Another good cafe in Kenai (town)

http://www.veronicascoffeehouse.com/

Maybe get a massage? pedicure?

Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
9,264 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Place to stay while husband fishes

The only thing of interest in Soldotna is Fred Meyer and St Elias Brewery. Think you would be better off tagging along with your husband and watch

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
44,890 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Place to stay while husband fishes

Ohh I forgot about the brewery - love their pizzas and salads. I like wandering around Soldotna, but unless you like long walks, it isn't so walkable - car would be best. :)

Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
219 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Place to stay while husband fishes

Is there a B&B or inn in the area that would be nice for me to just spend the day at. I was considering Escape for Two. A day spent on a deck reading a good book is always nice.

If in town is there a decent hotel/inn that you would recommend that is near by a cafe or.... It is hard to tell distance on the maps.

Being from Maine we can rarely walk anywhere unless you are in the city and we don't have many of them.

10. Re: Place to stay while husband fishes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2018, 09:18