We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Widespread Fishing Advertures - BEST Guides ever

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Widespread Fishing Advertures - BEST Guides ever

I can't say enough about Widespread Fishing Adventures! We traveled to Soldotna for a family reunion and Mindy and Reubin were able to accommodate us nicely. Everyone in our party (of 15) was able to fish on very short notice. They also arranged for some of us to borrow equipment and go clamming. We ended up with Salmon for dinner every night and plenty to bring home. In addition to the amazing fishing, they know everything about the Kenai Peninsula and were able to direct us to sight seeing spots, great hiking and local happenings. We will definitely be fishing with them again. Check them out at http://www.widespreadfishing.com/

11 replies to this topic
haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,075 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Widespread Fishing Advertures - BEST Guides ever

Welcome to the forum Michelle........your raving forum sounds suspiciously like an advertisement.......wouldn't be surprised if it is a closed topic soon.....

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Widespread Fishing Advertures - BEST Guides ever

Wow. Sorry. I went there with my family in June of 2011 for two weeks and really enjoyed it. Guess I was a little overzealous. You can check out my review on vrbo.com for confirmation. Another person in my party also posted there. I'll tone future reviews down.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,152 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Widespread Fishing Advertures - BEST Guides ever

Michelle,

Often people join TA just to post reviews (outstanding for or horrible against) at the request of someone else (typically a business owner). The fact that you joined today and your only post on TA is this review, I hope you can see why it may come under scrutiny in terms of objectivity . . . especially since as you stated, the trip was last summer.

Bears asking the question "why are you posting now?"

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,075 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Widespread Fishing Advertures - BEST Guides ever

Michelle the best place for your comments would be as a review of the company, that way people looking up the company would see it......by posting a review in the forums section, it will be buried by questions on other topics......

If you get some time, how about a trip report detailing all the things your group did, what you did and did not enjoy.......that would really be helpful for those planning trips, especially for those traveling in a larger group like you did.......

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Widespread Fishing Advertures - BEST Guides ever

I can see your point. I happened to be talking to a coworker about my trip and she suggested posting here. I originally posted on VRBO because it was through that site that I found the property we rented. The guides were an added bonus! I have used vrbo and tripadvisor frequently for the advice and reviews of travelers, but have only ever posted about this one vacation (and that was on vrbo). Guess I should post about my Christmas cruise too on your sister site. Are all first time posts scrutinized? Is there a better way to word a complementary post so as not to appear to be "advertising"? I would be glad to reword this one and would appreciate your suggested wording.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Widespread Fishing Advertures - BEST Guides ever

mombear, how do I post it as a company review? You are right, that would be the best place. Forgive my ignorance, but can you direct me to the location to post a company review? Thanks!

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,075 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Widespread Fishing Advertures - BEST Guides ever

Look at the green bar at the top of the Soldotna forum.....click on "write a review" and follow the directions......you would probably want to add it under the things to do category........

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Widespread Fishing Advertures - BEST Guides ever

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried that and they don't have the attraction listed, so I tried to "suggest it", but I have to choose a category and they don't have fishing guide or anything like that to choose from. Hopefully this brief post won't be mistaken for an ad and removed. When I have tons of time to figure out the review part, then I will go back and write one as you suggested. That does seem like the best place to post it. As for the trip report, where should I post that? Same place? Thanks again for the suggestions.

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,075 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Widespread Fishing Advertures - BEST Guides ever

Michelle post your trip report back here on the forums......start a new topic, just as you did with your first post.......

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,152 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Widespread Fishing Advertures - BEST Guides ever

If you'd like Michelle, you can delete your original post and this entire thread will be closed . . . allowing you to start over if you're so inclined.

At the bottom of your first post, there is a green triangle that says "report inappropriate content". That is a drop down menu and one of the choices is "remove my post" (second from the bottom).

Reply to: Widespread Fishing Advertures - BEST Guides ever
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Soldotna