We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car/Scooter Rental in Soldotna

Maryville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
15 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Car/Scooter Rental in Soldotna

Is there a place in or near Soldonta that we can rent a Scooter/Golf Cart? We will arrive there in June and be staying for 3 months. We will be in a RV. Renting a car for that length of time is expensive. Just wanting to explore the area. Thank you.

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,500 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car/Scooter Rental in Soldotna

You wouldn't be able to drive a golf cart on the roads. Better off finding a cheap car to buy. craigslist.com is where I would start looking. There are a few used car lots around there also. Or why not do as most others and just drive the RV around!

New York
Level Contributor
3,407 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car/Scooter Rental in Soldotna

Have you looked in Kenai? The airport is there, so may be a car rental vendor. I've never seen any "scooter" rentals, motorcycles- yes, out of Anchorage. I would not expect any bargains.

Mentioned in this post
Kenai
Kenai
Alaska
Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
44,479 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car/Scooter Rental in Soldotna

It might help if you share where exactly you will be in Soldotna and perhaps what you will be doing, so we could better help you. I am guessing a campground host or something, which is why you need transport, since the RV maybe parked all summer. You could get an ATV but most of those are just as expensive as a used car and aren't allowed on streets, just direct roads/trails. I would probably buy a car in Anchorage on your way to Soldotna, since you would have more of a selection, but you could wait until you get to Soldotna, knowing you will have less of a selection.

Mentioned in this post
Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
233 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car/Scooter Rental in Soldotna

Alaska doesn't have scooter or moped classifications, if it has two wheels and a motor, it's a motorcycle and you need a motorcycle endorsement and registration to operate it on the streets. Seeing as how the moped season is only about 4 months long, that makes some sense. Buying a beater car is probably your best bet. You could also buy some very cheap bikes at Walmart and donate them to the Salvation Army when you leave.

Mentioned in this post
Alaska
Alaska
United States
Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
9,264 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car/Scooter Rental in Soldotna

Am I missing something here? I got the impression that the OP is physically challenged and needed one of those things only visiting some cruise ship passengers would have. If so I would suggest contacting Central Peninsula Hospital to see about renting one. Then I read more carefully. This is Alaska and I have yet to see anyone riding a golf cart

Mentioned in this post
Alaska
Alaska
United States
6. Re: Car/Scooter Rental in Soldotna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2016, 22:17