We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tianjin International Cruise Home Port Terminal

Tyne & Wear
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Tianjin International Cruise Home Port Terminal

Anybody know how far Tianjin Railway station is away from Tianjin International Cruise Home Port Terminal. Can I get a taxi (or some other transport) there? We dock on Tuesday 1st May 2012 and I’m thinking that could be my best bet to get into Beijing for our 3 night stopover. From previous posts I know that Tanggu Railway Station is nearer, but the service into Beijing is limited and I have concerns about it being full taking into account the 1st May 2012 is a public holiday. I gather trains from Tianjin Railway station into Beijing are much more regular and I have confidence I can get onto one of those without booking in advance. Thank you

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,917 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tianjin International Cruise Home Port Terminal

If Tianjin R.S. , taxi should be at 150-200 RMB.

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
383 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tianjin International Cruise Home Port Terminal

I'm investigating the same thing for our arrival on 12th June. From train timetables, one option is to catch an express train from Tanggu to Tinjin then get the High Speed Train from there.

Between the direct HSTs from Tanggu to Beijing at 9:24 and 13:04, there are trains from Tanggu to Tianjin at 9:49, 10:24, 10:45 and 10:54 then, as you say, lots of HST trains from Tianjin to Beijing. You may have more chance of getting on one of those trains than the direct HSTs.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
318 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tianjin International Cruise Home Port Terminal

amp-qld - I assume you are getting in on the Legend. If so we are also on the Tokyo to Tianjin cruise. The train would be the way to go - much cheaper than the cruise line shore excursion of $108 transfer to Beijing by coach. We are doing back to back cruises so we want to head in to Tianjin on this day top do some shopping.

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
383 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tianjin International Cruise Home Port Terminal

OzBrian,

Yes, we're on the Legend but end our cruise in Tianjin. Do you have any idea what time we are likely to be disembarking? There's a big gap between 10:54 and 13:04 in trains from Tanggu.

Adrian

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
318 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tianjin International Cruise Home Port Terminal

We get in at 7am and hopefully will be off by 8:30 (at a guess). I'm pretty sure you will make the 10:54 train. The cruise line tends to disembark the people doing their transfers first, people that are willing to carry their own luggage, and then everyone else. I do not know what customs will be like or what sort of delay we will have there. This is my first cruise in Asia. You ought to get on cruise critic and discuss shore excursions.

6. Re: Tianjin International Cruise Home Port Terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2014, 10:45
Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
383 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tianjin International Cruise Home Port Terminal

We didn't get off the ship in time to catch the direct 9:54 from Tanggu to Beijing and the taxi drivers swore blind that the trains from Tanggu to Tianjin didn't run any more. As the port is in the middle of nowhere, we ended up having to get a taxi all the way into Tianjin at vast expense. The taxi drivers at the port were absolutely one of the two worst things about our whole five week trip to eight countries. The other was the 2 hours 10 minutes to get through Macau immigration.

8. Re: Tianjin International Cruise Home Port Terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 12:17