We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa's

Ashby Parva...
Level Contributor
188 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Visa's

Could anyone who has travelled recently to dalman let me know if there has been a change re cost of visa's.. We have always paid £10 pp when going through the airport. We are going to Daylan next week with friends and one of our friends looked at the Turkish visa website where it stated that you had to purchase a e.visa for £29 prior to travel????. I am going to contact Thomas cook for clarification on Monday but would appriciate any feedback from anyone recently travelled . Thanks

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,618 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Visa's

Cheers for the heads up ,just saved me about a tenner buddy

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
3,272 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Visa's

I agree with kiltman , we queued for about 40mins as 3 planes came in at once.we still waited an age for cases at the carousel.Good thing is ,Dalyan isn't a long drive from airport,so once through you will soon be able to start your holiday.

Edited: 02 June 2013, 11:09
Redditch, Worcs
Level Contributor
216 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Visa's

If you go to Mexico they charge an exit tax of around 40 pounds per person. A 6 month visa for a Turkish visitor to the UK will cost 132 US Dollars - makes the 10 pounds that we have to pay look like a good deal

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
3,272 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Visa's

Many years ago I was told that the £10 visa was introduced because Thatcher put a £40 visa on Turks coming to U.K.Was told this by Turks,don,t no if it is fact though.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
707 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Visa's

I think if your going vis Istanbul it's worth doing online your cases are always the first off when you get to Dalaman(well they have been for me) the queues In Istanbul for visa's can be long

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
701 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Visa's

The problem is the ridiculously small carousel which is dependant on luggage being taken off before more is allowed on.

I can see the problem getting much worse as more people use or indeed if the online visa becomes compulsory, instead of ques forming at the visa booths it will transfer to the luggage collection area which is not nearly big enough to cope with the large numbers arriving.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
772 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Visa's

Queue for the Visa 2 weeks ago was under 5 minutes - and even if its longer you still have to wait for your bags! Might be worth it though if you're traveling through Istanbul.

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Visa's

I bought an evisa online and with the £1 NAT WEST charged me it came to £14.19 total. Fine for an individual or even a couple but if you have 3 children to pay for as well, a family of 5 would be better off keeping the money towards a meal

Lorraine

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
701 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Visa's

That is what I was saying Lorraine, a waste of money with no advantage whatsoever as you still just get held up at the luggage carousel.

Just pay your £10 when you arrive folks.

20. Re: Visa's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 02:17
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan