We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse riding

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Horse riding

Hi going to Dalyan in September, looking for horse riding for intermediate rider, any suggestions most welcome x

manchester uk
Level Contributor
530 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Horse riding

I failed to find anything last year.

Enquiries offered walking round on plods in a dusty paddock so didn't bother.

I am looking for a trail ride thought the forest for an advanced rider....please let me know if you find anything else!

Cheers :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
198 reviews
2. Re: Horse riding

Lisa C

Try www.altitudeaction.co.uk and www.bluecruisesturkey.com

Both are for horse riding trips in Kayakoy which is the ghost village about an hour away. The former offers horse riding holidays too. Kayakoy is a trip in itself to be honest, fantastic ruins, views and architecture, and many places to eat and swim. Don't forget to take a towel and swim costumes! CG x

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: Horse riding

Thank you will have a good look xxx

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
4. Re: Horse riding

Will do, you would think there would be more on offer given the fabulous surrounding area. xx

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Horse riding

There used to be a guy called Ilias in Eskikoy who provided the ring trips in Dalyan, but he gave it up a few years ago.

bude
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Horse riding

hi I went horse riding a few years ago to the ghost village near olu deniz. I would not recommend this to anyone that has an interest in horses. We arrived about 30 mins before the ride left, I was concerned that the horses had no shade or water. It was about 40c plus on that day. We went on the trip witch is self was a nice ride in nice surroundings, but was glad to get back to give the poor horse a rest .

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Horse riding

Woops, meant riding trips.

quintdowns
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Horse riding

I was in Dalyan in may, and went on a fantastic horse ride, we were picked up at the dalyano cafe (on the corner by the silver shops) at 5pm - coolest part of the day, and driven to the farm/stables, here we mounted up and was on our way, there was 5 of us one complete novice, 2 good riders and 2 that havnt riden for years, the horses were not plods, they were of good weight, and had their own personalities. went trecked out and around the lake for approx 4 hours, we stopped for a break half way through (and i really needed a break by then) and finished in dalyan at 9pm - yes a whole, 4 fantastic hours !!

So go to the dalyano cafe and ask for Barbara or Adinch and they will organise it for you, oh and it cost 50TL for the lot

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Horse riding

Sounds good Quintdowns, do you know the name of the guy who owns the horses?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
10. Re: Horse riding

Thank you for that, sounds just great. I haven't ridden for a few years but was quite experienced, just thought it would be a great way of seeing Dalyan whilst trotting the chicken wraps off lol x

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations