We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is anywhere else as good ?

Dartmoor National...
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Is anywhere else as good ?

Just back from our third fantastic holiday in Dalyan and think it is time to drag ourselves away to try somewhere else. So who better to ask for suggestions than people who love Dalyan too.

We want to go to somewhere small,friendly, naturally beautiful, quiet, with good restaurants some shops or a market nearby and places to visit. I look forward to reading your suggestions.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,914 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is anywhere else as good ?

A lot of people who love Dalyan also love Bitez so maybe you could give there a try.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
680 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is anywhere else as good ?

have to say ive been to bitez twice and although i really liked it i dont think it even compares with dalyan.....although you do have the option of visiting bodrum or gumbet which are both around 4 to 5 km away.....and the beach is on your doorstep. there are some nice restaurants but i dont even remember there being ten bars (though this might have changed)

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Is anywhere else as good ?

was going to say the same. been to Yalikavak last 3 years running, I am hoping Dalyan can match it. I am already missing Yalikavak so please please Dalyan dont let me down :)

Dartmoor National...
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Is anywhere else as good ?

I agree impossible to top Dalyan I love it and I will continue to holiday there but fancy somewhere else as well. I was looking at Kas myself glad to have the recommendations will look into the other places you have recommended as I have not heard of them thanks everyone .

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,956 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Is anywhere else as good ?

many forum Dalyanites have enjoyed Cirali as well..check out this post and take a look there too for an alternative holiday

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g311315-i4487-k5…

Dartmoor National...
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Is anywhere else as good ?

Thanks for the tip cireli and yalikavak sound great I will look them up

Edited: 04 June 2013, 15:48
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Is anywhere else as good ?

Kas would be a great choice, as would any of the smaller resorts around the Bodrum Penunsula.

We enjoyed visiting lots of places around Turkey before discovering Dalyan and went to some really beautiful, friendly places but its Dalyan for us everytime now... There's just something about the place that gets you hooked ;)

Sel

Edited: 05 June 2013, 04:07
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
142 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Is anywhere else as good ?

We have so far visited Dalyan, Turunc and Kalkan in Turkey. This year we have opted for Akyaka in July and Bitez in August. Of the places visited so far, Dalyan was the favourite for both my husband and myself. The beauty of the place, the friendliness of everyone we met and the range of lovely meals that we enjoyed made the holiday for us. We even enjoyed the daily dolmus ride to the beach. We also enjoyed Turunc and Kalkan however, for largely the same reasons, but of the two I would say that Kalkan is probably more like Dalyan as it has a wider range of bars and restaurants. The beach is ok, pebbly but small, but there are regular water taxi's to swimming platforms and a bigger, sandy beach is a dolmus ride away (we never made the trip). Kalkan is very pretty and you can find the odd more traditional restaurant in the back streets and away from the harbour. The majority are more international however.

Turunc is quieter, although there are regular boat taxi's to Icmeler and even Marmaris if you fancy it. Turunc beach is long and backed by a range of restaurants. It is also pebbles rather than sand. It has a very pretty view. We made the trip into Marmaris one afternoon and were pleasantly surprised by how pretty the old town and harbour were. We did escape back to Turunc on the boat at 7 however when the evening crowd started to appear. Far too busy even at that time.

According to the Kalkan forum, Kas appears to be smaller and quieter than Kalkan, although as we have never been I cant really comment on that.

From my research so far, it appears that both Akyaka and Bitez will be the sort of holiday that we are used to and enjoy, but obviously, we wont know until we have been there.

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
390 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Is anywhere else as good ?

We have been to Kalkan, Kas and Akyaka. All are very different to Marmaris. Kas I think is larger than Kalkan but is more a Fethiye type place - ie a town with tourism rather than Kalkan which IMHO is a tourist town. We preferred Kas to Kalkan because we prefer non touristy places - ie more indigenous. I know some people adore Kalkan but to us it's too Anglised. Akyaka is a tourist town but a Turkish tourist town, so feels more appropriate to us. It vey much depends on what you want from a holiday - to live, eat like the Turkish, or something else

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,283 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Is anywhere else as good ?

Totally agree, Krista.

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations