We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to visit?

NJ
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Best time to visit?

Hello, dear travelers! Dreaming about Bora Bora a long time... Never been in this part of the world. But thinking to go to Bora Bora to celebrate our 20th anniversary. What is the best time to visit? Are there any "seasons" in Bora Bora, different ocean conditions, hurricanes? Are there a "low", "high" seasons? When are the better prices? I don't want to spent too much money but also don't want to be in "low" level hotel. What you can advise? I'd like to have a GREAT CALM TURQUOISE water, good snorkeling, good and plentfull food, good service. I don't want to be nessesary in overwater bungalo. I like Nui Moto and Bora Bora Eden beach so far. What else can be good for us? Where to look for the good deals?

I will appreciate any advise! Thank you!

Chico, CA
Level Contributor
93 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to visit?

The "high" time starts in May, so we planned our trip for the first week of April when the rates are a bit lower - the weather was great! We booked our trip through Tahiti Legends and stayed at the Intercontinental Le Moana, which was great (we actually found our trip through Air Tahiti Nui's website). It was reasonably priced, conveniently located at Matira Point next to restaurants, shops, and a grocery store. The hotel was very clean, had a friendly and helpful staff, and wonderful views of the lagoon, the mountains, Taha'a, and Raiatea. Snorkeling was nice in this area, as well - we saw several sting rays, and heard reports of an eel under one of the bungalos - and the water is as clear as can be.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to visit?

KCHULL! thanks for an advise! InterContinental Le Moana Bora Bora looks spectacular? I can see coral on a pictures... It means great snorkeling in a clear calm water!

I also looked on Sofitel Moorea which is not a Bora Bora but also looks great!

Chico, CA
Level Contributor
93 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to visit?

We actually stayed at the Sofitel 11 years ago. Beautiful calm water on Moorea right outside our bungalow. We weren't overwater that time but it was VERY close to the water and we loved it! Also, back on Bora Bora at Le Moana, the garden bunglows look very nice as well. You see many people posting about the nicest hotels on the island that cost over $1000 a night. They sometimes act as if the regular hotels are trash. They are not. Some people get so wrapped up in name dropping but they are paying a huge price and in my opinion, not getting the best of what the island itself has to offer. A beach bungalow at Le Moana is still a fantastic vacation!!

NJ
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time to visit?

KCHULL, is Moorea closer to Tahiti then Bora Bora? I see on a pictures that you can see Tahiti from Moorea beach.

Should you actually fly to Tahiti first to get to Moorea or Bora Bora? How long is a flight to Tahiti from LA? Is LA the best middle point? Questions, tons of questions...

The beauty of these islands is unbelievable and even I hate long flights I'm ready to go anyway.

I'm not looking for the NAME and absolutely not looking to pay one grand for the night, it's ridiculous in comparison to my favorite Caribbean destination. I'm going for the blue transparent water, for colorfull fish and corals, for the views.

Room is not the first priority.

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time to visit?

You have to fly to Tahiti first. It is about an 8 hour flight from LA. From Tahiti you can take a 10 minute flight or a 30 minute ferry to Moorea. From Tahiti or Moorea, you can take a 50 minute flight to Bora Bora.

6. Re: Best time to visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 00:32