We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meal Plans

Vancouver
Level Contributor
113 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Meal Plans

One other question, I have read that in general meal plans were probably not the most budget friendly way to feed yourself while in FP, but was wondering if anyone had specific experiences at the Manihi Pearl Resort.

The half board plan seems to run around $100 per person and doesn't include water/coffee or anything, which would all be extra. I am not sure if the buffet nights require a supplement or not.

Even with a half board, we would probably scoot over to the village and get some groceries for snacks and mid-day meal; or even bring along some noodles and such from home that could be prepared with just hot water from the room.

My wife has a few food allergies which also might make a meal plan a concern. She can't have nuts (including coconut), chocolate, or banana (I know, sounds like hell right?). I am a little worried about the selections not being suitable for her as I would imagine coconut is fairly widely used in dishes (it was in the Cook Islands when we visited, but were able to find other dishes since there was more selection of restaurants).

1 reply
Bora Bora, French...
Level Contributor
967 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Meal Plans

Coconut is used in sort of Tahitian special dishes, like poisson cru, which is a delicous raw fish dish... and some desserts.

Concerning your wife's allergies, you should inform the resort prior to your arrival so they can accommodate / cater to that (Manihi has provisions delivered once a week). It would be quite impossible to "dine" out at night, there being just a snack in the village and you'd need to get accross by boat... MAP in those locations is the best way to go to make sure you get fed, kind of LOL there being hardly any alternatives around.

The Pearl offers small dishes for lunches like hamburger or sandwiches too. Their dinner menu does include a (limited) variety of meat and fish

Reply to: Meal Plans
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Manihi
Recent Conversations