We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

road from Prescott to Jerome

Which Jerome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
indiana
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
road from Prescott to Jerome

A friend is planning to visit this area in January. I thought I had seen on a map at one time that the road from Prescott to Jerome closes due to snow in the winter. I think this is 89A. I can't find this info now and would appreciate any info on this. Thanks

indiana
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: road from Prescott to Jerome

RedRox, That is the name of the train, I couldn't remember it. I will pass on that it will take up a lot of her time. That was my thought also, but wanted to check. With such a short time in each place, I think the time can be better spent. Thanks again.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,902 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: road from Prescott to Jerome

One more bit of advice about returning to Flagstaff from the GCNP at the end of a day. In January, I'd advise exiting the park at the east gate and coming down AZ89 to Flag. Hwy 180 from AZ 64 is slightly shorter, but it hits elevations of 8000 feet and passes by the access to the SnowBowl ski area. In the winter this can mean hazardous conditions coupled with heavy traffic. I'd avoid 180 for those reasons. Use I-40 to Williams and AZ64 from there to enter the park at the main gate.

indiana
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: road from Prescott to Jerome

Thanks RedRox, I had told them use 180 as I thought it might be more scenic but did not know about the ski resort. I will advise them to use the other route.

14. Re: road from Prescott to Jerome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2010, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Jerome
Recent Conversations