We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is kichaka lodge on Lalibela

burnley lancs
Level Contributor
302 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Is kichaka lodge on Lalibela

I’ve looked at the various game reserves and liked the look of the accommodation at kichaka. We booked for 3 nights in September but now trying to decide where it is and will the game drives allow us to see all big 5.

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
6,242 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is kichaka lodge on Lalibela

It would appear ( although i tis not very clear) that Kichaka is in the Lalibela private reserve.

Kachika does seem to advertise the so called "big 5".

"will the game drives allow us to see all big 5."

In a place like the Kruger National Park, for example, which is an enormous wildlife area, this is not necessarily guaranteed, as much depends on being in the right place, at the right time, when the animals are also in the same place :-)

BUT, in a tiny private reserve, you probably stand a better chance of seeing all of them.

Please do not fixate on the so called "big 5", which phrase, nowadays, is really just a marketing ploy.

Enjoy all the wonderful animals you are sure to see.

Mentioned in this post
burnley lancs
Level Contributor
302 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is kichaka lodge on Lalibela

Thanks for your reply. We realised the difference between a private reserve and Kruger and that they are two different experiences. I’m actually looking forward to seeing giraffe in the wild and we’re not worried if we see al of the big 5.

I’m sure just being surrounded by nature will be fabulous

Mentioned in this post
Port Elizabeth
Level Contributor
397 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is kichaka lodge on Lalibela

Yes it is in Lalibella and the drives are on that reserve.

It is big 5 but leopards anywhere are difficult to spot.

Colin Eastcapetours.

Reply to: Is kichaka lodge on Lalibela
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted