Have read some of the top FAQs for Kruger and they have been informative. However, at this stage I am just lost in the plethora of information.
OK, so we are a couple visiting SA in May 2012. We are there in total for 2 weeks. We start from CPT and exit from JoBurg. We spend 4 days in CPT and then head to self drive Garden Route/R62 drive for another 5-6 days. Eventually we finish the drive near Knysna and plan to take a flight on 16 May from George to JoBurg.
All sorted until here !!
Moving onwards I am confused where to start with Kruger. We plan to spend 5D/4N in Kruger possibly basing ourselves in 2 different areas of Kruger. Total budget for Kruger bit is under 10K ZAR.
Here are my questions :
1. What is better a Do it Yourself bit (Sanparks) or package tour ?
2. For packages I tried these : Intrepid Bundu, Drifters, Sunways, Jenman, G-Adventures, Nomad, Acacia
There departure dates do not match ours, so any other good , genuinely priced companies that depart on 15 or 16 May ?
3. Having done the self drive bit on Garden route, not very excited for self drive in Kruger ? So again what options do we have ?
4. We need to be back by 8 PM on 19 May to catch a flight back to London, so thats another factor to consider. Our package option drives back by that time ?
5. Should we consider a package ex JoBurg or elsewhere ?