We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best lodge for family - Bakubung or Ivory Treee or Kwa

Herts
Level Contributor
46 posts
24 reviews
Best lodge for family - Bakubung or Ivory Treee or Kwa

Hi, looking at some advice. Do all the above offer the same kids programmes and is one lodge nicer than an another. I appreciate all are more resorty than intimate safari style camps but thats suits us on this occasion. Many thanks. Is it worth doing a combo of 2, if we are staying 4 nights

Pilanesberg...
Level Contributor
452 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Best lodge for family - Bakubung or Ivory Treee or Kwa

I would do Kwa 4 nights - they have more roaming space for the kids...

Jaco Rautenbach

Owner Adventure Travel Africa

Based at Pilanesberg

Berkhamsted, United...
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
196 reviews
2. Re: Best lodge for family - Bakubung or Ivory Treee or Kwa

Haven't done Ivory - it looks more upmarket than the other two.

We have done Bakubung a few times and Kwa Maritane once before kids.

We prefer the location of Bakubung to Kwa Maritane as there's more choice of routes for self driving.

Our kids always enjoyed the facilities at Bakubung - I think we stayed there 3 times so from being very young to a fair bit older. Our kids liked the buffet meals at Bakubung - it meant thy could always find something they liked. The food is homestyle rather than fine dining.

3. Re: Best lodge for family - Bakubung or Ivory Treee or Kwa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2018, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Pilanesberg National...