We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay on the beach recommendation

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Stay on the beach recommendation

Looking for recommendations for a one night stay that is on the beach. Does not need to be a hotel, it can be a guesthouse, B&B, etc. There will be two of us with a max budget of 6000 rand. Less is fine :-).

On a side note, I recall seeing a video that showed cottages or guesthouses of some sort right on the beach, each with a different theme. I have no idea what place that was, or if it was specifically in Camps Bay or elsewhere on the Cape, and it's likely outside of our budget, but I'm also trying to figure out what plcet that was.

Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
382 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Stay on the beach recommendation

You can consider Lagoon Beach Hotel and Spa for one night, should be available if you are travelling in March 2018.

http://www.lagoonbeachhotel.co.za/

Or The Bay Hotel in Camps Bay.

https://thebayhotel.com/webcam.html

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
717 posts
67 reviews
2. Re: Stay on the beach recommendation

6000 ZAR for one night? That will get you a very, very decent place to stay in Cape Town. I suggest looking on www.booking.com - you can search for hotels/guest houses in Cape Town and look on a map to see exactly where they are, with prices and availability.

Just remember that the sea water is VERY cold on the west side of the Cape peninsula (ie. including Camps Bay) - far too cold to swim in without a wet suit. It is much warmer on the eastern side (eg. Muizenberg, Fish Hoek) but those areas are quite a distance from Cape Town city centre. But the beaches on the west are excellent for walking, relaxing and they are close to town, restaurants and shops.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Stay on the beach recommendation

www.chapmanspeakhotel.co.za/index-e.htm

Hout Bay rather than Camps Bay, but a great spot.

Level Contributor
1,047 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Stay on the beach recommendation

Noxrentals have a number of such properties in their portfolio. Google them, and look at Camps bay, Clifton,Houtbay. However take note that I have never used their services, so can't give more detail re service etc

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Stay on the beach recommendation

Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions! We're actually staying for 7 nights in one of the De Waterkant cottages, then going to Kruger for 5 days before returning for a final night and day in Cape Town. I thought it would be nice to get a taste of the beach experience before returning home.

Now I've got some research to do!

Reply to: Stay on the beach recommendation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted