We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tipping in B&B?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
150 reviews
Tipping in B&B?

Hello,

Just wondering if tipping is required in a B&B? If so, do you suggest tipping every day or at the end of the trip? I've never stayed in a BB before and in a regular hotel, I've always left a couple of dollars every day.

thanks!

MiloLeChat

East London, South...
Level Contributor
52 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: Tipping in B&B?

Hi there,

Tipping is not a requirement in a B&B, but will always be appreciated, especially if you received personalised service. Up to your discression :-)

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
224 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Tipping in B&B?

Like Rene says, tipping really is not required, but it is greatly appreciated. Many of the housekeeping staff you meet will earn in the region of $400 per month (some even less), so gratuities do make a big difference.

I will usually leave a tip of about R50 per day if I thought that the service I received was good, but any amount at all would be appreciated. Remember there is no obligation, and a tip certainly is not expected, so only do so if you feel that it was deserved.

Richard Marshall

Nox Rentals

Luxury Cape Town Vacation Rentals

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
150 reviews
3. Re: Tipping in B&B?

Thanks for the feedback. Makes complete sense to tip according to the service!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,278 posts
81 reviews
4. Re: Tipping in B&B?

Hi there

I absolutely agree with that, tipping on the quality of the service. And i would suggest that you do that at the end of the stay and not on a daily method. Most of the Guest Houses have got a box for tips and it does get shared evenly amongst the staff.

Best Regards

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

5. Re: Tipping in B&B?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 00:42