We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closing times

trimdon colliery
Level Contributor
314 posts
2 reviews
Closing times

Just wondering what time bars close in Camps Bay and are there any night clubs as well.Any information would greatly appreciated. Thank you

Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Closing times

I have only been out in Camps Bay a handful of times, but the bars certainly won't close before 1am (I'm sure they would probably stay open later but I don't want to give you inaccurate information)

Like I said, I am not a Camps Bay expert, but it is much more of a 'bar type' scene than a 'club type' scene although some of the bars do have small dance floors.

It is a lovely atmosphere - very beautiful and literally right across the road from the beach. People tend to dress up a bit more when they go out in Camps Bay.

It is a lovely place to go for sundowners because there is such a lovely buzz.

I hope that helps a bit.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,273 posts
81 reviews
2. Re: Closing times

Cafe Caprice is my choice for Camps Bay. From about Thursdays to Saturdays they close a bit later because the crowds are much more than in the start of the week. And yes about at 1-2am for closure times.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

trimdon colliery
Level Contributor
314 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Closing times

Thanks for that Tre103 it certainly does help.

Thank you :-)

trimdon colliery
Level Contributor
314 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Closing times

Thanks for that Hank D we ll certainly have a drink at that bar. :-)

Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Closing times

Huge pleasure!

I second the suggestion for Cafe' Caprice!

Have a wonderful time!

trimdon colliery
Level Contributor
314 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Closing times

Thank you Tre103 were really looking forward to our holiday in Cape Town roll on :-)

7. Re: Closing times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 01:28