We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarkets

The Wirral, UK
Level Contributor
325 posts
222 reviews
Save Topic
Supermarkets

I have just been looking at a review for the apartments we will be staying in at The Crystal and a reviewer states that no alcohol is sold in the Camps Bay area and to bring your own. As we are partial to a G & T on the balcony in the early evening, I find it very surprising that alcohol is not sold, especially as there must be many self catering establishments in the area. Obviously, we will bring our own duty free now, but can we buy tonics in the area? What about other food supplies, like bread, eggs, yoghurts, fruit, wine etc. We not intend to cook meals and will eat out. If they don't sell in the resort, why not?

Mentioned in this post
The Crystal
The Crystal
188 Reviews
Camps Bay, South Africa
Camps Bay
Camps Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
450 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Supermarkets

The local bubbles made in the champagne style is known as methode cap classique.

Unfortunately I don't have any recommendations for you, but most wine here is very good!

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Supermarkets

The MCC's are seriously good wines. For something slightly different I can strongly recommend the JC Le Roux Pinot Noir Rose MCC & if you want really top end, try the superb Pongracz Desiderius 2008. Mmm, now I'm thirsty.

13. Re: Supermarkets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 November 2014, 11:05
14. Re: Supermarkets

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 November 2014, 11:05
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
5,004 posts
617 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Supermarkets

MCC is great in SA. Not quite champagne but better than prosecco or cava.

Been drinking lots of Graham Beck Rose MCC over the last few days. It's widely available as are all GB MCC's and good value

The Wirral, UK
Level Contributor
325 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Supermarkets

Thank you all for your replies. Looking forward to our trip and the lovely sunny weather.

Lisse, The...
Level Contributor
725 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Supermarkets

Dear Van_De_Caap, can you please tell me where we can find the "Duty free" on arrival at Cape Town Airport? It might be better for us to buy some drinks overthere because we will arrive at our B&B after midnigt.

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
The Wirral, UK
Level Contributor
325 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Supermarkets

Just arrived home from a fantastic 3 week holiday travelling round SA. The Pick and Pay supermarket in Camps Bay was good and met all our needs. Found it strange that there was no where to buy a bottle of wine. We bought in two bottles of Bombay Sapphire from Heathrow Duty Free and that did us for the whole trip. In fact we left some in the apartment when we left. Loved Camps Bay and our stay at the Crystal Apartments. However, it did get very windy and cool at times. We have been told that this is the norm, even in the summer months. The waves coming into shore were amazing and I never got tired of looking at them. Lovely restaurants too. On our last few days we stayed at the V & A and walked into Camps Bay along the front. Lovely walk via Sea Point, Bantry Bay and Clifton. Stunning apartments, hotels all along the route with the sea to your right - think it's about 5 miles flat walking.

Mentioned in this post
Camps Bay
Camps Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
The Crystal
The Crystal
188 Reviews
Camps Bay, South Africa
Bantry Bay
Bantry Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
Clifton
Clifton
Camps Bay, South Africa
19. Re: Supermarkets

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2016, 01:17