We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring a driver in Stellenbosch

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Hiring a driver in Stellenbosch

We will be staying in Stellenbosch for 2 nights and 1 full day and would like to hire a driver vs. joining a tour. I have found the Avis chauffer site, but are there any other options?

We also are going on a very early morning hot air balloon ride in Paarl - is it easier to take a taxi (are they even available at 4am?) or could we get a driver for that as well? Would love any help with contacts.

Thanks!

Marissa

Mentioned in this post
Stellenbosch
Stellenbosch
Western Cape, South Africa
Paarl
Paarl
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,228 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiring a driver in Stellenbosch

I can maybe suggest to arrange a driver and let him/her take you to the hot air balloon in Paarl as well. I am sure that who ever you will be using will be made available for the day by including the trip there and back. It will possibly come down to a load of emails back and forth to get to a complete itinerary for the day, all the best and yes you can even search here on Tripadvisor for some recommendations.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Mentioned in this post
Paarl
Paarl
2. Re: Hiring a driver in Stellenbosch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 November 2013, 19:05
Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiring a driver in Stellenbosch

I've previously used Nick (no relation) & found him to be both reliable & very informative. His car is both modern & in very good condition.

As TA will probably remove it if I put his email address on here, please PM me.

T H
Stellenbosch, South...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiring a driver in Stellenbosch

We just had a bad experience with Stellenbosch Taxis.

www.stellenboschtaxis.wozaonline.co.za/home

The were a now-show for my pickup to the airport and nobody answered the phone on their 24 hour number.

Result is I missed an international flight to Indonesia and had to re-book for 2 days later at a cost of R2900.

Mentioned in this post
Stellenbosch
Stellenbosch
5. Re: Hiring a driver in Stellenbosch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2014, 00:16