We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring a driver in Stellenbosch

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Hiring a driver in Stellenbosch

We will be staying in Stellenbosch for 2 nights and 1 full day and would like to hire a driver vs. joining a tour. I have found the Avis chauffer site, but are there any other options?

We also are going on a very early morning hot air balloon ride in Paarl - is it easier to take a taxi (are they even available at 4am?) or could we get a driver for that as well? Would love any help with contacts.

Thanks!

Marissa

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,273 posts
81 reviews
1. Re: Hiring a driver in Stellenbosch

I can maybe suggest to arrange a driver and let him/her take you to the hot air balloon in Paarl as well. I am sure that who ever you will be using will be made available for the day by including the trip there and back. It will possibly come down to a load of emails back and forth to get to a complete itinerary for the day, all the best and yes you can even search here on Tripadvisor for some recommendations.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

2. Re: Hiring a driver in Stellenbosch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 November 2013, 19:05
Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
185 reviews
3. Re: Hiring a driver in Stellenbosch

I've previously used Nick (no relation) & found him to be both reliable & very informative. His car is both modern & in very good condition.

As TA will probably remove it if I put his email address on here, please PM me.

T H
Stellenbosch, South...
4 posts
4. Re: Hiring a driver in Stellenbosch

We just had a bad experience with Stellenbosch Taxis.

www.stellenboschtaxis.wozaonline.co.za/home

The were a now-show for my pickup to the airport and nobody answered the phone on their 24 hour number.

Result is I missed an international flight to Indonesia and had to re-book for 2 days later at a cost of R2900.

5. Re: Hiring a driver in Stellenbosch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2014, 00:16