We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine your itinerary advice

London, England...
Level Contributor
29 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Wine your itinerary advice

Hello, I planned my last trip just over a year ago using advice from TA and loved it so I'm back to ask for more advice and recommendations.

2 Jan - land at 3pm then hoping to do Uva Mira sunset tasting (I went to Uva Mira last year and loved it) then thinking of dinner at Overture after, and will stay somewhere near there.

3 Jan - J.C Le Roux to start with bubbly. Hoping to get dinner reservation at Jordan (waiting for a reply) if I can't get dinner will do lunch there. Thinking of also going to Clos Malverne and Asara.

4 Jan - start at Tokara (unless Delaire is much better?) then Boschendal for tasting and picnic then Le Motte and Dieu Donne for views then dinner somewhere.

5 Jan - wine tram all day then dinner somewhere.

6 Jan - fly home

Please let me know what you think? Also, I'd love to do a food and wine pairing like they do at Creation but not heard of anywhere doing this, so please let me know if anywhere in stellenbosch or Franchhoek do a good one.

thanks! :)

Mentioned in this post
Jordan Restaurant
Jordan Restaurant
1,067 Reviews
Stellenbosch, South Africa
Tokara
Tokara
361 Reviews
Stellenbosch, South Africa
South Africa
Level Contributor
11 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine your itinerary advice

Hi,

Haute Cabriere does wine and food pairing http://www.cabriere.co.za/. Le Bon Vivant also do a wine and food pairing http://www.lebonvivant.co.za/.

You itinerary sounds good. The only thing I would say is that you might want to skip Dieu Donne on the 4th Jan and go somewhere else instead because it is one of the stops you make on the tram the following day. This is just if you would like to see somewhere else instead. La petite ferme could also make for a nice sundowner.

Enjoy your trip :)

Mentioned in this post
Haute Cabriere
Haute Cabriere
288 Reviews
Franschhoek, South Africa
Le Bon Vivant
Le Bon Vivant
1,625 Reviews
Franschhoek, South Africa
Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
18,188 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine your itinerary advice

JC La Roux do a lovely wine and nougat tasting! I highly recommend it. You get five different fizzes to taste, each one paired with nougat...some chocolate covered. Asara was very good for wine tasting. It's lovely and quiet up there, with great views. After the tasting we had coffee and cakes in their café/shop, which sells a lot of high end cookery items.

3. Re: Wine your itinerary advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2014, 00:18