We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yalikavak or Bitez

Which Yalikavak hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cork
Level Contributor
15 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Yalikavak or Bitez

Hi,

We have been to Bitez three times and loved it. The last time in 2005 we visited Yalikavak and thought it was really nice. We are thinking of going there in September for two weeks. This time it will be without children who have now grown up so we are unsure whether to go to Bitez or Yalikavak.

Does anyone know if Yalikavak is more expensive than Bitez?

As we will be self catering is there a big supermarket nearby?

Is there a regular dolmus to Bodrum? How long is the journey and and does it run at night?

Can anyone recommend the Mer Can Story apartments?

I would be grateful for any help.

Thank you.

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,566 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yalikavak or Bitez

Yalikavak is a lovely place. Prices are pretty similar. In my opinion, the beach isn't as good at Yalikavak as it is at Bitez.

Yes, there are supermarkets in Yalikavak (three I think - Tansas, Carrefour and Migros) so you will be able to stock up; there's also the market for your fresh fruit and veg, honey, cheese, etc.

There is a regular dolmus to Bodrum. It's about 20kms between the two and the journey takes about 30 minutes. They run regularly and late into the night so you'll be okay.

Sorry don't know about the apartments.

Jak xx

Cork
Level Contributor
15 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yalikavak or Bitez

Thank you Jak.

You have been really helpful.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,570 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yalikavak or Bitez

Yalikavak has changed quite a bit since 2005, it has grown but is still charming.

Prices are similar in Bitez and Yalikavak but the beach is nicer in Bitez.

There is a big Migros supermarket in Yalikavak.

It takes about 30 minutes to get to Bodrum and the buses are regular.

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
206 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yalikavak or Bitez

Hi

Just got back from Yalikavak - we went to a new Kipa (Tesco) supermarket 10 mins from Yali - cheaper than Migros

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,566 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yalikavak or Bitez

Krista, where is the new Kipa? Do you mean the one at Ortakent (just before you reach the main dual carriageway to Bodrum)? That's been there for years - although they have done a lot of alterations to it this year. Or has a new one been built?

Jak xx

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
206 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yalikavak or Bitez

Hi

Its the one in Ortakent so its not new - it looked new to me

Krista x

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,566 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yalikavak or Bitez

That's because they have been doing a lot of work on it this year so it looks different - and more noticeable from the road İ think.

Jak xx

Cork
Level Contributor
15 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Yalikavak or Bitez

Hi All,

Thank you all for your help. We have just returned from two wonderful weeks in the Mer-Can Story. Yalikavak is a beautiful place and is perfect for a quiet relaxing holiday. The people are very welcoming and friendly and there is a good selection of quality restaurants.

The Mer Can Story apartments are excellent. They are perfectly located with the beach across the road. The staff will welcome you and are very friendly and helpful.

I would definitely recommend both Yalikavak and the Mer Can Story apartments.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,570 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Yalikavak or Bitez

Good to hear you had a good time and enjoyed Yalikavak!

manchester
Level Contributor
495 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Yalikavak or Bitez

I am looking for Yalikavak for next year for 2 adults and 2 children. Did you book Mer Can Story through a tour operator? Looking for something that is easy walking distance to the centre that would be good for families.

Get answers to your questions about Yalikavak