We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Santiago, Chile to Mendoza, Argentina

New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Santiago, Chile to Mendoza, Argentina

I am searching for information on buses from Santiago to Mendoza. Does anyone know how long it takes from one point to the other? Can anyone suggest a bus company?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Santiago, Chile to Mendoza, Argentina

Please use the search function.... plenty of threads on this subject already.

Branford...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Santiago, Chile to Mendoza, Argentina

Yes it was discussed and some bus lines were recommended. It is supposed to be a spectacular ride and it is on my list of things to do next time I am in Mendoza.

You may try and book early and request the front top seats in the buss. You are on the second level over the bus driver. You have a huge windshield in front of you and a panoramic view of where you are going. On a couple of buses I was on they were seats 13 and 14 but that surely varies by type of bus and maybe bus line. Best seats in the house.

Also if you are an amazing race fan. One of the past races featured the teams driving from Santiago to Mendoza over the Andes. It was great. Lots of big switchbacks in the road and spectacular vistas.

London, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Santiago, Chile to Mendoza, Argentina

We did this trip last week using Turbus from Terminal Alameda in Santiago (semi cama service costing around US$ each). Can recommend Turbus but they do not allow you to book online. I did this through a company in Santiago that I can also recommend - Santiago Adventures.

Be aware that although the travel time is only about 5 hours, you can take a long time to get through the border post. In our case it was over 2 1/2 hours (@4000m and strong wind!) but this may have been exceptional. I've spoken to people who were delayed for much shorter than this.

The views are so exceptional that it was still worth it even though the last hour or so to Mendoza was in the dark because of the delays.

Paris
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Santiago, Chile to Mendoza, Argentina

Trying to know whether the Santiago to Mendoza buses also run in the heart of the Chilean winter. We must rally Mendoza from Santiago on August4 2008 (and back on August 30).

Thanks.

Mendoza
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Santiago, Chile to Mendoza, Argentina

When I went to chile, i bought my bus tickets in www.ticketonline.com.ar or in www.andesmar.com

great services, bed or executive..realy cool and you save a hotel night sleeping on board

6. Re: Bus from Santiago, Chile to Mendoza, Argentina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 18:17