We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proposed itinerary for Salta Province

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
149 posts
203 reviews
Proposed itinerary for Salta Province

My husband and I will be arriving in Salta airport on March 18th and plan to stay 7 nights. We enjoy trekking, small colonial villages, local color rather than large towns and tourist centers. We will most likely, rent a car. I would like to situate in 2 places at the most.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,684 posts
235 reviews
1. Re: Proposed itinerary for Salta Province

To cover everything there is to see you will need to stay in more than 2 places because the driving time is long but it's definitely worth it.

We stayed the first night in Salta and picked up our Hire Car from Hertz at about 6pm so that we could get an early start, we drove North to Purmamarca and stayed the night after visiting the Salt flats then the next day returned to Salta via Humahuaca, Uquia and Tilcara, stayed the night in Salta and the next morning headed South to Cachi, stayed the night then the next day went to Cafayate where we stayed 2 nights before returning to Salta, this is the usual itinerary that most people do, you could visit only the North or South but you would be missing out on some spectacular scenery if you did.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
149 posts
203 reviews
2. Re: Proposed itinerary for Salta Province

Thank you very much for your reply. I will consider your itinerary .

Best Regards, Rosemary Heller

3. Re: Proposed itinerary for Salta Province

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2014, 02:17