We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Chaltén OR San Martin de los Andes ?

Buenos Aires...
2 posts
El Chaltén OR San Martin de los Andes ?

Hi!! Anyone here traveled already to El Chaltén and San Martin de los Andes?

I am definitely going to Calafate and Bariloche, and now I have to choose if I will add El Chaltén or San Martin in the route (unfortunately don't have time for both).

Anyone could tell me some comments about these peculiar cities?

Thanks!!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
226 reviews
1. Re: El Chaltén OR San Martin de los Andes ?

El Chalten is waaaaaaaaay too rustic for me. San Martin de Los Andes is gorgeous and offers a bit more comfort as well as the gorgeous Lake Lacar.

Edited: 01 December 2015, 07:34
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
786 posts
63 reviews
2. Re: El Chaltén OR San Martin de los Andes ?

Hello!

Both destinations are really beautiful!

I think you will find San Martin de los Andes, pretty much alike Bariloche. This is the lake district region, if you are in Bariloche there is the option of doing a one day tour to visit the famous 7 lakes circuit.

If you like walking and being around breathtaking landscapes, not crowded places and in true contact with nature. I recommend Chalten, this place have some amazing trails, with wide forest and great views of glaciers. The two most popular trails, are Cerro Torre and Mont Fitz Roy. And if you feel a little bit more adventorous you can do a trekk on the Viedma Glacier!

Hope this information help you make the decision!

Abby from Say Hueque

3. Re: El Chaltén OR San Martin de los Andes ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2016, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about San Martin de los Andes
More San Martin de los Andes Topics