We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation rental

chicago, illinois
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Vacation rental

All, I have searched the web to identify a vacation rental for the march timeframe, but am not happy with the sites. VRBO does not have enough filters and others do not have enough places..

Anybody have any suggestions?

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,635 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation rental

Sorry, but the posters on TA generally refer people to VRBO. It's one of the best sites for finding vacation rentals. TA is more for travel related advice, not advice on finding a specific vacation rental home.

Keep in mind that March is one of the busiest months for Phoenix and Arizona. Hence, your hotel or vacation rental costs will be higher than other times of the year. Good luck on your search.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
507 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation rental

We were under the impression that VRBO was Vacation Rental By Owner but, while checking for properties available for rental, we have come across links that say "check out our other 8 available properties". Thinking it is highly unlikely an individual would own 8 rental properties we found we were sent to a property management/broker and we want to avoid this since we had such an unpleasant experience last year. Buyer (renter) beware!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,704 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation rental

Better to let VRBO know that. TA is a travel site, not a rental exchange site. But it is quite possible that a single private owner has multiple properties.

chicago, illinois
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation rental

Right, so I am not really looking for someone to sell me a vacation home on TA, but more give me a site or company someone has used that was easy to use, professional, and not extremely overprices. if VRBO is that site, okay

5. Re: Vacation rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2010, 00:19