We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is Phoenix from Sedona ?

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edison, NJ
Level Contributor
263 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
How far is Phoenix from Sedona ?

If I fly into Phoenix and drive to Sedona, is it an easy drive ? How long will it take ?

I was thinking of having 3 nights. Besides the Pink Jeep tours, what can single women do in Sedona ? Any nice spas ?

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,761 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far is Phoenix from Sedona ?

Easy drive, around 2 hours. More with a stop at Rock Springs Cafe for some pie.

Check the top questions about Sedona at the top right. A single woman can do anything a single man, a couple, or a family can do.

Edison, NJ
Level Contributor
263 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far is Phoenix from Sedona ?

LOL!!! Ok.... so I don't need a GPS because I don't have one and never wanted one.

Edison, NJ
Level Contributor
263 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far is Phoenix from Sedona ?

Once I land in Phoenix, what directions from the airport to Sedona, please.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,188 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far is Phoenix from Sedona ?

The car rental agencies will give you a map and simple directions. Follow signs to I-17 north to exit number 298 for Hwy 179 into Sedona.

Edison, NJ
Level Contributor
263 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far is Phoenix from Sedona ?

I assume I need a car to drive around and see all the sights ? I would use the Pink Jeep tours but that is only one day. What would I do the other days if going solo ?

Edison, NJ
Level Contributor
263 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How far is Phoenix from Sedona ?

Read on another forum to do the Sedona Trolley to see the Chapel of the Holy Cross. Originally, I was going to use the Pink Jeep tours to see Broken Arrow. What about a sunset tour ? Any horseback riding tours ? I am not a rider but I have been on trails with a tour guide in the past and was quite comfortable. I am very outdoorsy.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,259 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How far is Phoenix from Sedona ?

Hi, yes, you really need a car to get around. You may enjoy the Trolley as a way of being with other people, but you could easily drive to the Chapel of the Holy Cross.Mostly the horseback tours are not recommended because they are nose to tail.

What are your other interests?

Edison, NJ
Level Contributor
263 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How far is Phoenix from Sedona ?

I don't want to spend my day shopping or being in art galleries. I am an outdoors person.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,259 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How far is Phoenix from Sedona ?

You may want to check in with the Westerners. They have all different levels of hikes.I think they expect you to wear a certain type of shoe though. www.sedonawesterners.org/cgi-bin/schedule.pl

Red Rock State Park has daily hikes at 10 a.m. You might like that. There is an admission fee for the park. You might enjoy their film or other activities there too.http://azstateparks.com/Parks/RERO/index.html

Edited: 20 October 2012, 11:41
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,188 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How far is Phoenix from Sedona ?

Confirming. You'll need a car to get to Sedona, and you'll be glad to have it while you're here.the jeep tour will be informative and thrilling, but just a start. There are scores of great hiking trails and you'll need your car to get to the trail heads.

Research here to get some ideas about which hikes will be best for you.