We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Williams AZ

California
Level Contributor
38 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in Williams AZ

aRE there any nice hotels in Williams AZ ??? We will be traveling from Scottdale to Las Vegas and would like to stay somewhere on the way. WILLIAMS looks like a nice stopover .. but whats up with all the negative HOTEL reveiws? Any place nice to stay on along Route 66 area to Las Vegas ??

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
64,417 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Williams AZ

The hotels in Williams are basic in nature. Thay are an alternative to staying in GCNP or Tusayan during peak travel dates although about an hour away. And of course Williams is right on I-40 for those traveling that east/west cooridor. Kingman also offers similar accomodations. Expect basic roadside motels.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Williams AZ

There are plenty of hotels in Williams. And the negative hotel reviews depend on what hotel you are looking at. People have a bad attitude twards Williams for some reason just because its a small town in nature. I don't know what price range you are looking for but for not much more you can stay at a really nice B&B. The two I recommend are the Firelight B&B & the Grand Living B&B. The other places I would recommend are the Grand Canyon Rail Way hotel, The Canyon Motel has rooms inside a remodled caboose, and the Roadway Inn. They are all listed in the hotels section of TA.

When I look at reviews I look and see if the person is complaining about legit things or if the person complained about their entire trip and everyone around them.

Its an alternative to staying in the GC. If you don't mnind the 1 hr drive which goes by quickly its a nice area to stay. Loads of fishing lakes, hiking and backroad type of stuff. Out town isn't big so don't expect a mall. We are lucky to have a newly remodled safeway with a starbucks. LOL

Other than that staying between LV and Williams is basically Kingman.

Hope that helps you out.

Make sure to check out http://www.williamschamber.com/

Has a litsting of the hotels and other town info.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i3541-Northern_…

California
Level Contributor
38 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Williams AZ

Thank you for the information. I checked out the Firelight and looks great with great reveiws.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Williams AZ

Make sure you tell them dragonflylady sent you they will know ;)

California
Level Contributor
38 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in Williams AZ

Definately ..thank you again

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels in Williams AZ

I just stayed in Williams back a couple of weeks ago as I drove over from vegas to see williams and the grand canyon. Williams is a nice neat little town. I chose to stay at the Grand Motel which is an original Route 66 motel. It has about 18 rooms I believe. I had a room with two double beds and it ran me $50 for a Saturday night. Yes the motel is older, but the rooms were clean, the bathroom was cleanand the shower had hot water and great presure. I had a wonderful visit to Williams and someday hope to stop by again.

7. Re: Hotels in Williams AZ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 12:19