We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road/hiking trip: Austin to Crystal Bridges Museum AR

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
13 posts
26 reviews
Road/hiking trip: Austin to Crystal Bridges Museum AR

We (husband and I) are considering a road trip in mid March from Austin TX to Arkansas. We love moderate hiking, pretty drives and private lodging where we can can rest, play and sing our acoustic music without bothering anyone. Can anyone speak to the weather conditions for hiking in March or suggest any particular routes to take along with "do not miss" during a one week trip? We want to see Crystal Bridges Museum as well. Thanks so much!

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
48 reviews
1. Re: Road/hiking trip: Austin to Crystal Bridges Museum AR

If you play and sing acoustic music, check out Mountain View AR. Acoustic musicians play on the porches of various B&B places as well as on the courthouse lawn and in the downtown picking park just off the Square.

You would also enjoy hiking in the Ozark National Forest and visiting Blanchard Springs Caverns near Mountain View.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
140 reviews
2. Re: Road/hiking trip: Austin to Crystal Bridges Museum AR

Stay in Eureka Springs and drive over to the museum. Check out the cabins/cottages at Lake Lucern. Check out the cabins at BOC in Ponca, headwaters of the Buffalo River National Park. Lots of beautiful drives between Eureka & Mtn. View.

Edited: 10 December 2016, 18:27
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
13 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Road/hiking trip: Austin to Crystal Bridges Museum AR

Good ideas- do you recommend any particular place (to stay) in Eureka Springs? Thank you your reply. Don't know what I'd do with tripadvisor ☺️

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
140 reviews
4. Re: Road/hiking trip: Austin to Crystal Bridges Museum AR

This one is close in: http://historiccottages.com/the-cottages/

and this one is a little further out: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g31…

We've stayed at both.

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,276 posts
1,281 reviews
5. Re: Road/hiking trip: Austin to Crystal Bridges Museum AR

I highly recommend hiking in or canoeing in Buffalo River NP. Also, MT Magazine State Park has some good hiking, a beautiful lodge, and I'm sure you could sing your heart out on a picnic table somewhere!I'd also check out Thorncrown Chapel.

Edited: 18 December 2016, 20:42
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
13 posts
26 reviews
6. Re: Road/hiking trip: Austin to Crystal Bridges Museum AR

Thank you! If not heard of MT Magazine so will go soon to check it out... grateful for your post :) (and yes- I just realized Thorncrown is a have-to)

7. Re: Road/hiking trip: Austin to Crystal Bridges Museum AR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2018, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Bentonville