We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress Code at The Hive in 21C?

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
38 posts
125 reviews
Dress Code at The Hive in 21C?

Kinda late asking...but my wife and I are heading to Crystal Bridges (3rd time) tomorrow and will be staying at Hotel 21C in Bentonville. We have reservations tomorrow evening at the hotel restaurant "The Hive". It looks like fine dining, but since we're Okies and we're in Arkansas, I'm wondering if we would step on any toes by wearing nice jeans and dress shirt to dinner? We're going to the museum for a few hours starting at 11am, and would like to stay comfortable for the rest of the evening. I could call the restaurant, of course, but thought I'd solicit a few thoughts from the forum first. Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
little rock arkansas
Level Contributor
3,340 posts
287 reviews
1. Re: Dress Code at The Hive in 21C?

We have only been to the Hive at noon and it was totally casual. I would not hesitate to wear nice jeans and collared shirt to dinner there. It is a totally casual town. Here are a few tips otherwise. If it is good weather and you are able physically, I strongly suggest that you park at the hotel or at one of the free nearby on street parking spaces and walk to the museum through Alice Walton's beautiful park. It is a short and memorable walk. Also the best place we have eaten in Bentonville is the crepe wagon across from the hotel. They do a real nice job and are open 11-4. The new exhibit at Crystal Bridges called State of the Art gets mixed reviews and is divided in two locations. We felt the section in the gallery connected to the back of the restaurant was much more interesting than the section to the left of the entrance - so you might consider allocating time accordingly. When you are at the museum hotel ask to see the free art galleries in the hotel - some are hidden away and easy to miss. Ask to gain entry to the fitness center and check out the unique art on the ceiling. You will like the hotel and love the museum. Amazing experience and totally free. Thank you Walmart!

little rock arkansas
Level Contributor
3,340 posts
287 reviews
2. Re: Dress Code at The Hive in 21C?

Whoops I just reread and discovered you have been to the museum before!! Sorry!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
38 posts
125 reviews
3. Re: Dress Code at The Hive in 21C?

Yes, we've been to the Museum before, and even ran into Alice Walton in one of the galleries. We spoke to her for a few minutes and thanked her for the Museum. It was on an anniversary of the Museum's opening. She looked like any regular Wal-Mart shopper (except she didn't beep when she backed up) ;-)

Thanks for your prompt reply and we'll check out the crepe wagon. It's gotten some very good reviews. We're looking forward to our visit and dinner this evening.

Level Contributor
9 posts
148 reviews
4. Re: Dress Code at The Hive in 21C?

Casual and dress. You will see both.

Reply to: Dress Code at The Hive in 21C?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bentonville