We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bucharest-Brasov-Bran-Rasnov-Sinaia-Bucharest in 2 days...

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bucharest-Brasov-Bran-Rasnov-Sinaia-Bucharest in 2 days...

We are planning on taking a morning train to Brasov from Bucharest on Dec 20 and staying over night. Then we (5 adults) wanted to see Bran and Rasnov and possible Peles Castle (Sinaia) all in the next day, before going back to Bucharest. - We are trying to decide whether to find a tour from Brasov to do this, either dropping us at the station in Sinaia or taking us back to Bucharest OR renting a car and perhaps dropping it off in Sinaia at the train station? Any advice... especially in winter?

7 replies to this topic
Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
6,097 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bucharest-Brasov-Bran-Rasnov-Sinaia-Bucharest in 2 days...

As a group it might make more sense to rent a car for the whole two days, if you're not too picky. By train it would cost at least €70 return for 5 people, while cars start around €20/day. There are no problems with winter driving just that roads are crowded on weekends, which isn't your case

By public transport it would be best to visit the castles on separate days: either Peles on the first day on the way from Bucharest then Bran+Rasnov on the second day or viceversa.

Edited: 04 December 2017, 16:24
Europe
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bucharest-Brasov-Bran-Rasnov-Sinaia-Bucharest in 2 days...

Information about trains you find here : www.cfrcalatori.ro , www.regiotrans.ro

Information about buses you find here : www.autogari.ro

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
181 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bucharest-Brasov-Bran-Rasnov-Sinaia-Bucharest in 2 days...

The three castles can be seen in one day as long as you start fairly early in the morning from Brasov.

Do look up closing times though. The last group enters Peles Castle at ... I don't remember, maybe 15:45? Time your visits accordingly. Peles Castle is by far the nicest of the three, by the way.

Rented car cannot be dropped off at Sinaia train station. Drive it all the way to Bucharest instead. It's not a very difficult drive.

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bucharest-Brasov-Bran-Rasnov-Sinaia-Bucharest in 2 days...

Thank you for your advice. We have ended up hiring a tour guide through Flip Flop Tours who will pick us up from the train station and take us to our hotel, and the next day drive the five of us to all three venues and take us back to Bucharest! Yes, a little more expensive but it seemed to make sense for five of us, all a bit jet lagged....!

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bucharest-Brasov-Bran-Rasnov-Sinaia-Bucharest in 2 days...

Thank you for providing the train details. I had a bit of trouble negotiating their site i.e. setting up the Login details but I emailed them and they promptly replied with clear instructions and I booked five seats easily. - As such a reasonable price (compared to Canadian train fares anyway), we are going First Class!

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bucharest-Brasov-Bran-Rasnov-Sinaia-Bucharest in 2 days...

Thanks for you help. We are hiring a tour guide from Flip Flop Tours in Brasov who is going to drive the five of us around the three venues (in a minivan) and then back to Bucharest. And yes, he has suggested we start early as of course, light fades early at this time of year so will probably just make Peles.... It will be a rush but hopefully worth it!

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Bucharest-Brasov-Bran-Rasnov-Sinaia-Bucharest in 2 days...

Just realised that I need only have replied once to the three messages! (I was replying to you individually...) But thanks again for the input. Really love TripAdvisor!

Reply to: Bucharest-Brasov-Bran-Rasnov-Sinaia-Bucharest in 2 days...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sinaia