We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The six bells pub

Bury St Edmunds
2 posts
The six bells pub

I am thinking of re-visiting The six bells Pub with some friends one year after my last visit, has any one else been recently I do not wish to be let down again

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
16 reviews
25 helpful votes
1. Re: The six bells pub

It's recently been refurbished and has re-opened, which I saw when travelling to BSE from home in Clare a week or so ago

Couldn't tell you if it's any good or not I'm afraid. I don't tend to get further than the Queen's Head in Hawkedon to be honest

Bury St Edmunds
2 posts
2. Re: The six bells pub

Went to the six bells today for lunch, and i have to say it was great! The pub looks so different and is clean and stylish, but most importantly the food was brilliant. I've booked with my wife to go for dinner next weekend!! I would recommend a visit.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
16 reviews
25 helpful votes
3. Re: The six bells pub

Thanks for the tip!

We have friend in Horringer but tend to go to the Beehive if we ever go for lunch with them. We'll give the six bells a try

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
73 reviews
82 helpful votes
4. Re: The six bells pub

Horringer is a small village just outside Bury St Edmunds, who's only claim to fame is that it has a pub. If this village warrents a separate forum, then so do literally millions of other similar places. Suely we can limit the number of separate forums.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
16 reviews
25 helpful votes
5. Re: The six bells pub

I'm inclined to agree on the point regarding separate forums, not that it really matters with the way the forums stack and show in parent forums

However, Horringer has more than a pub; namely Ickworth House and Park, and the Ickworth Park Hotel, which I am sure is the reason it is "recognised" by TA as a place

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
4,258 posts
91 reviews
127 helpful votes
6. Re: The six bells pub

I was thinking the same Aardvark, mind you I was married in the church in the village (I'm a Bury girl exiled in North Yorkshire) so it does have another claim to fame! Plus Ickworth House of course. I too like the Beehive.

7. Re: The six bells pub

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Horringer
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.