We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B & B for one night - single traveller.

Chatham, Kent
Level Contributor
103 posts
209 reviews
158 helpful votes
B & B for one night - single traveller.

Looking for suggestions for a B & B for one night for a single traveller. I am walking the coast path in July and need somewhere with a single room or a double with a reasonable single supplement.

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
2,837 posts
35 reviews
10 helpful votes
1. Re: B & B for one night - single traveller.

What is your budget? NB Padstow will be very busy in July and you might have difficulty finding somewhere for one night.

Edited: 05 January 2018, 12:04
Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
728 reviews
610 helpful votes
2. Re: B & B for one night - single traveller.

I think you will find it difficult to find anywhere in July when Padstow will be packed. Your best bet for smaller and more reasonably priced B&B is in a road called Grenville Road. It's about a ten minute walk from the harbour, uphill and starts opposite the Tesco store on the A389, so likely to be less popular with holidaymakers or found by passing trade. There are a number of B&Bs down there, all in fairly unpretentious houses but more likely to be within a modest budget. I don't know the names of any off hand and can't recommend any from experience or word of mouth but if you plan to pre-book (which would be advisable for July) then some research may throw up some names. Try enquiring at the Padstow Tourist Office for names and numbers of B&Bs in that road - they maybe able to supply the information

Out of interest, are you walking the whole of the SW coast path or just a part of it?

Cheltenham, United...
Destination Expert
for Cotswolds
Level Contributor
3,429 posts
6 reviews
6 helpful votes
3. Re: B & B for one night - single traveller.

Padstow is reasonably well served by bus to Wadebridge and Newquay. Assuming Padstow is a 'stop' on your route you could widen your horizons. We have frequently stayed in Travelodge Wadebridge which has a bus stop adjacent, a late opening Tesco and (a not very good) chain pub. But a check on prices of TL are a surprise.

Chatham, Kent
Level Contributor
103 posts
209 reviews
158 helpful votes
4. Re: B & B for one night - single traveller.

My budget is whatever I need to pay. Having said that I'd rather pay forty something rather than seventy plus!! I have walked a couple of sections of the coast path before with my Wife, before she hung up her walking boots, so I'm just covering Tintagel to Newquay this time.

I have spent ages trawling the net but there seems to be a lot of out of date info. i.e. B&B's that have closed down. My next step is to ring the tourist information centre and go from there. After a long days walking I would prefer to stay in Padstow but I had considered casting my net a little further. I have booked all my other stops along the way quite easily and didn't expect to have any difficulty in Padstow.

Essex
Level Contributor
32,226 posts
69 reviews
214 helpful votes
5. Re: B & B for one night - single traveller.

Padsow is heavingly popular . First it is gorgeous. Second there is the influence of a certain Mr Stein......

You have picked a busy time of year. Good luck! Please do not trip ove any of the "Chalky-a-likes......"

Cheltenham, United...
Destination Expert
for Cotswolds
Level Contributor
3,429 posts
6 reviews
6 helpful votes
6. Re: B & B for one night - single traveller.

I understand the attraction of doing the walk and overnights serially, but I think it will be a real struggle. The TIC lists accommodation but (It appears) no longer offer a booking service - in any case it would be too far in advance B&B's don't provide availability until much closer to the season. As you've found it easier elsewhere can't you book another night at, say, the property at/en route to Newquay using the coastal bus service. Having had numerous holidays of this type I've found it much easier to have a base for 2-3 nights and use public transport to access the coast path. Treyarnon Bay YHA has dorm for £25.00.

Chatham, Kent
Level Contributor
103 posts
209 reviews
158 helpful votes
7. Re: B & B for one night - single traveller.

Update - I have now found a single room B&B for 1 night in Padstow. Thanks to all for your thoughts / suggestions.

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
2,837 posts
35 reviews
10 helpful votes
8. Re: B & B for one night - single traveller.

That’s great news. Please post a trip report so we know how your walk went.

9. Re: B & B for one night - single traveller.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2019, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Padstow
Recent Conversations