We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pub quiz in Padstow

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
68 reviews
Pub quiz in Padstow

Hi

We're going to Padstow in June and thought it would be good to go to a pub quiz one evening. Googling doesn't come up with any advertised in or even near Padstow.

Does anyone know of any pubs doing them?

Thanks!

Hannah

5 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,443 posts
217 reviews
1. Re: Pub quiz in Padstow

Several Padstow pubs used to have quiz nights but don’t mention them on their websites. Might be worth asking around once you get there. Meanwhile there’s one about 10 miles away

https://www.themaltsters1.co.uk

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
68 reviews
2. Re: Pub quiz in Padstow

Thank you I found that one you mentioned already but I'll ask around once we're there

chester
Level Contributor
2 posts
37 reviews
3. Re: Pub quiz in Padstow

We go to Rock every June and yes like you said there doesn't seem to be many. We go to one at the malsters arms at chapel Amble which is a car ride away about 20 minutes. Popular so get there early.

Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
721 reviews
4. Re: Pub quiz in Padstow

One or two pubs used to have quiz nights, but with the increase in tourists and the provision of food these don't seem to happen - certainly not in the summer season. You may find a quiz night out of season, but in June I doubt you will. You could try a less touristy place spot like St Columb Major, where the pubs are more for locals and do have quiz nights. Of the four pubs there, the Silver Ball and Coaching Inn are probably the best bet, but if you are keen enough to go there for a quiz it would be as well to enquire first if they do them in June and which nights.

Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
721 reviews
5. Re: Pub quiz in Padstow

Hello Hannah

Further to my last post, I now recall that the Coaching Inn has (or had) a quiz night every Monday, but it's still worth checking. I've also been told the Silver Ball changed hands earlier in the year, and although I've not been in since, they used to have a quiz night and may have retained it. Again, worth a check.

Reply to: Pub quiz in Padstow
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Padstow
Recent Conversations