We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World Cup

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
World Cup

Hello!

Could anyone please recommend the best pub to watch the football in on Saturday?! We're down for a holiday and need to make sure we can watch the match, thank you :)

6 replies to this topic
Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
4,060 posts
72 reviews
1. Re: World Cup

The London has a TV, but it's gets very crowded in there. It's the only one I know of but you could look up Padstow pubs and get in touch with them directly.

1 post
1 review
2. Re: World Cup

Yes im in exactly the same predicament! Any help is appreciated

Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
721 reviews
3. Re: World Cup

Several pubs have televisions, but mostly they are quite small. The London Inn (mentioned) is very small in the bar and difficult to get in on a normal July evening let alone with England playing a game in the World Cup!. The Shipwrights on the harbour side is probably the best bet as they do have TV, show sporting events and is probably the biggest bar (although not that big).

The Old Ship Hotel used to have TV in the bar but I haven't been in for several years, as did The Old Custom House but again I've not been in for a couple of years. Also the Golden Lion has a small wall-mounted TV in the corner of the public bar, but the bar is not that big.

In short, you will find a pub with a TV, but the problem may be getting in!

Birmingham...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: World Cup

We are in the same boat, know Padstow well but thinking about going to the Farmers Arms in St Merryn just outside Padstow on the Newquay Road. Larger bar area with outside seating. May be worth contacting them to check?

Birmingham...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: World Cup

We are in the same boat, know Padstow well but thinking about going to the Farmers Arms in St Merryn just outside Padstow on the Newquay Road. Larger bar area with outside seating. May be worth contacting them to check?

Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
721 reviews
6. Re: World Cup

The Farmers Arms at St Merryn would be a good choice unless you are stuck in Padstow (I almost suggested it as an alternative in my post yesterday, so glad someone else has mentioned it). It's only a couple of miles, has a much larger bar than anything in Padstow, and a large restaurant/bar as well which they may utilise. They also have a large car park alongside, so definitely worth consideration if you have someone who won't mind not drinking should you want a beer or two during and/or after the game.

Reply to: World Cup
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Padstow
Recent Conversations